The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

wow , 15 grand for both!!

V

Vivek

I don't think it will be far off in price compared to the X1. What is another $2.5G? ;)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I think this is a GREAT move for Leica. Right up their alley. Find a small niche and produce a great camera in it. Other than the Phase One Achromatic (39 megapixel medium format monochrome back) I can't think of any other monochrome (modern/commercially-available) camera.

iiiNelson

I think this is a GREAT move for Leica. Right up their alley. Find a small niche and produce a great camera in it. Other than the Phase One Achromatic (39 megapixel medium format monochrome back) I can't think of any other monochrome (modern/commercially-available) camera.
I agree that it's a fair price for a niche product slotted above the regular versions. I like that they're keeping the price in line with the premium version of the main camera.

Now as for the pricing of the new 50... Yeah I think they meant to put a 3 where that 7 is. I'm more than happy with my 50 Planar for less than 1/10th the price when I bought it.

V

Vivek

Achromatic + still is a true monochrome (current- to be very specific) digital sensor (along with the Megavision's offerings) with true monochrome output! ;)

[This will be debated at length in the time to come for sure. ;)]

I do agree that Leica have done something very clever! :thumbs:

rayyan

I don't think it will be far off in price compared to the X1. What is another $2.5G? ;)
Hey Vivek, I hear of Hermes editions. At Leica bargain basement prices at that. ( Euro 40k )

Is it official? They were having dinner, the last I heard. Maybe they have all gone to sleep! After all that music and drink:D

dude163

Im not sure if its official, but I saw it on leica rumours , also the interesting things it goes to ISO 10,000 . I bet the grain emulates film grain too

V

Vivek

Im not sure if its official, but I saw it on leica rumours , also the interesting things it goes to ISO 10,000 . I bet the grain emulates film grain too
The bundled Silver Efex Pro 2 certainly will help that emulation. :D

V

Vivek

Hey Vivek, I hear of Hermes editions. At Leica bargain basement prices at that. ( Euro 40k )

Is it official? They were having dinner, the last I heard. Maybe they have all gone to sleep! After all that music and drink:D
Life is short. :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
$7k... that's around 1,500 rolls of Pan F, a roll a week the next 30 years. Not exactly ISO 10,000, but the M & M isn't exactly ISO 50 either. I think I'll stick with the Pan F :)