The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Official Leica Press Releases: 05/10/2012

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Sorry folks for the delay been busy.

Here are the highlights:

Leica S-System Expanded By Five S-Lenses With Central Shutter: Available From October 2012

Leica Camera AG Expands The Leica S Professional Camera System: New Leica S-Adapter H Enables use of Hasselblad H Lenses on the Leica S2

Leica M Monochrom: The Future Of Black-And-White Photography

New Leica Limited Editions: Leica M9-P “Edition Hermès” / Leica M9-P “Edition Hermès - Série Limiteé Jean-Louis Dumas”

Leica APO-Summicron-M 50 MM F/2 ASPH.: The New Milestone In Lens Construction

Leica X2: The Next Generation Of The Leica Compact Digital Camera

Leica V-Lux 40: Compact Camera With An Extensive Range Of Features

tjv

The Monochrome looks cool, if B&W is your thing. A few years ago I would have sold my legs to get one of those.
I had to laugh when reading the X2 specs though – still uses the same low res 2.7" screen as the X1 and as far as I can see there's no option for a digital VF?
EDIT: Oops, I see the digital VF is in fact offered. Good job!

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Hmmm . . . . . . What's wrong with the current Summicron? Nothing that anyone has ever noticed. Why a new Super Summicron? Maybe because the M10 over samples the current Summicron, Think of what the spec for that would be.

Just a thought.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Hmmm . . . . . . What's wrong with the current Summicron? Nothing that anyone has ever noticed. Why a new Super Summicron? Maybe because the M10 over samples the current Summicron, Think of what the spec for that would be.

Just a thought.
Plus it costs €6000.- - which however you look at it - is a joke IMHO! Far too expensive for that type of lens!

Brian S

The new Summicron is 8 elements in 5 groups. Being a 50mm F2 lens- that's quite a lot of elements. The original Summicrons were 7 elements in 5 groups. The Nikkor 5cm F1.1 was 9 elements in 7 groups, but almost 2 stops faster.

What I do not see- is the present 50/2 Summicron going to remain in production, or is this one replacing it?

Given the Aspheric-APO nature of this new lens, and it's cost: I hope the present 6/4 Summicron remains in production. It would have been interesting to see this new lens get a different name from "Summicron". "Summinar".