The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wish me luck!

JPizzzle

Hey all,
For the first time in my life, I decided to enter a legit (aside from the flickr competitions) photography competition! Very excited! It's the Philadelphia Museum of Art Portfolio Competition:

Philadelphia Museum of Art Photography Portfolio Competition 2012

Here's a link to the portfolio that i submitted (10 of the older ones in the set were not included): http://www.flickr.com/photos/8545932@N08/sets/72157624188480424/

90% of the photos were shot with my m9/50 lux and the others with an x100. Now, I know they're not the greatest examples of photography, but hey gotta start somewhere, and i'm always learning. There was a $45 admission fee, but what the heck-if I get chosen it would be amazing and my work would be shown at the philadelphia museum :clap:. Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement-appologies that none were shot with the leica monochrome as it is the new topic of discussion on the forums :).

JP

p.s.-Does anyone know if I would need a model release for the photo of the couple sitting in front of the lake. I emailed the competition letting them know that I do not have one for that photo, but have yet to hear back. Hopefully not as I consider it one of my best.

Last edited:

ShiroKuro

Sounds great ... enjoy the process .... I'll be entering a photo to an event this august ... I enter every year and never get accepted lol .... This year will be different ; )

so good luck to you