The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

X2 any thoughts??

dave.gt

Curiously, I have the above image of the Paul Smith X2 on my desktop and have developed a desire to own one of these. Yikes! Good thing I am not in a financial position to do so.

Godfrey

Curiously, I have the above image of the Paul Smith X2 on my desktop and have developed a desire to own one of these. Yikes! Good thing I am not in a financial position to do so.
:)

It grows on me, but I still prefer basic black.

That said, if you have the quid for the style, it's still an X2, which is to say an excellent camera. So if you buy one and enjoy the premium for the cool paint, you also have a fine working tool for photography to use. Nothing bad in that.

:)

Last night I became curious as to just how sensitive the X2 sensor really is. So I made a test set of exposures at ISO 12500 to ISO 800. By the gods and little fishes, it's ISO 12500 output ... straight out of the camera JPEGs ... is damn good! The little bugger sees in the dark. Obviously, lower ISO settings are smoother and more detailed, but with this kind of sensitivity the f/2.8 lens is simply not an issue.