The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MM DNG files - 3 Dresser 10,000 ISO shot

jonoslack

HI There
This is the Third part of the experiment - Thank you so much for chipping in on the other two shots (which are still available for download for a day or so).

There is also a potential problem with dropbox limits - I do pay for it, so there is a larger daily limit, but please don't download the file over and over again.

You can play with the file, and then you can post your conversion on this thread.

Enjoy!

Click on the Downloads link on the top right

This is my take - I'm sure you can do better

If interest continues, I'll try and post something else over the weekend.

all the best

chrism

I discovered a strange thing (no doubt someone can explain it!) If you use SFXP2 and add a little grain, the luminance noise decreases as you apply the grain! I don't understand it, but I will remember it.

View attachment 58919

Chris

CharlesK

Jono, many thanks again! I am amazed the quality of the files, even at 10,000 ISO. My take on the file and PP'ing.

Amin

The file reminds me a lot of how high ISO noise looks on the Sigma Foveon images which have been processed to B&W. Like you said, it's nothing like film but all the same very nice and certainly usable at very high ISO.