The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

m_driscoll

Since, "it's the glass", I'll start this thread (with slightly more scope) then the earlier one. Please share the occasional photos of your $11k Noctilux, $7k 50mm Summicron, R-mount, CV, SLRMagic, Zeiss, etc. lenses on your Sony, Olympus, Fuji, Ricoh, iPhone, etc. This would make it easier on the less peripatetic, among us.

Cheers, Matt

Nex 7; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4; macro; 1/640s; +1/3 EV; ISO 200

Nex 7; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4; 1/2500s; ISO 200

Nex 7; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4; macro; 1/800s; ISO 200

Nex 7; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4; macro; 1/800s; ISO 200; full disclosure - this was posted in the Nex 7 thread

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

dmeckert

Gorgeous photos Matt. It's amazing what these lenses can do, and it seems like the nex7 is playing very nicely with that lens.

I'm gonna be all up in this thread soon enough. I have an adapter on the way to put my M mount stuff on my recently acquired EPL1.

V

Vivek

This would make it easier on the less peripatetic, among us.
Good initiative, Matt! :thumbup:

I would rather wander the streets than...:D

Taylor Sherman

Wow, those are tough to follow Jono! I've just bumped the R60 up a few notches on my "wish list" ;-)

Here are a few with a 1961 Elmar 135/4 on the Nex-7:

m_driscoll

Vivek/Jono/Taylor: Great posts! :thumbs:
Daves: Looking forward to your images.
Taylor: What the heck is in that third photo?

I completed my set of Summarits over the weekend. Nex 7 with the lens; an alley; me having a refreshing beverage.

Fuji X-Pro 1; 35mm f/1.4

Nex 7; Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5

Nex 7; Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Last edited:

bcm

Thanks Matt. I've been struggling within myself on whether or not to pull a bit of magenta out of the first one for a few weeks but I'm still in two minds about it.

V

Vivek

I am still not sure if I should take the easy route and get the MM or convert a NEX to monochrome. :confused:

A shot through the tiny W-Nikkor-C 2.5cm f/4.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Taylor Sherman

Thanks Matt! That object is the Subaru Telescope, an 8.2 meter optical telescope at the summit of Mauna Kea :) Some day I'll go spend an entire day up there taking pictures, it's such an amazing place. But I'd have to train for it first, as I can only take the altitude for a couple of hours.

Ben - awesome shots! I think the first one is great as it is. What a lens - turns out it's great at portraits, as well as being an incredibly sharp landscape lens.