The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

V

Vivek

A bit of cleaning was needed to get this 1934 gem to shine. (Single) coating is intact and just superbly clean. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-7 Leitz Summar

Before the front and the rear elements were cleaned (using different tools obviously!), the images were a bit "hazy". After cleaning, here is a quick test snap.

NEX-7, Leitz Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5 f/3.5 1/60s, ISO320

benroy

Subscriber Member
180/4 Elmar-R on Canon 5D II...compact, light, well constructed, very sharp.

Free Snickers bar to anyone who can figure out what the bottom pic is all about. (hint: fastened to trunk of tree ; )

Last edited:

MikalWGrass

Benroy,

We have an 80 lb staghorn in the backyard that just broke its chain and fell to the ground. Not really in the mood for a Snickers, more in the mood for the 180/4. I will send you my address and will pay for shipping for the lens.:thumbs:

V

Vivek

When I thought about (I seldom think) it, this must be the opposite of the MM + AA 50 combo, in terms of price (NEX-C3 and Leitz Elmar 3.5cm f/3.5) and is so tiny and unimpressive to look at.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

jonoslack

I'm afraid I made another slip up at Red dot cameras (they're so nice and helpful).

My 80-200 f4 arrived the other day . . . such a lovely thing, and it works so nicely with the OMD as well.

Just a couple of preliminary snaps:

jonoslack

Jono: nice lens isn't it? Beautiful images...must be shooting close to wide open.

Roy Benson
Hi Roy
Thank you - it was actually your fault entirely that I got this lens . . . . I saw your images . . . looked on the Red Dot Camera website and . . . . . rang Ivan and I was doomed . . . doomed!

As you say, it is a very nice lens - and it handles perfectly well on the OMD, As you say - most of these were shot wide open (focusing seems easiest, and the bokeh is pretty nice).

all the best