The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

benroy

Subscriber Member
Jono: You have noticed, as evidenced by your pics, that the 80-200/4 focuses very close (down to around 4 ft)...and, as a result, two of my favorite R lenses (135 and 180/4) have gone into the drawer...they only focus down to around 5 ft! Enjoy the 80-200!
Roy Benson

jonoslack

Hi Roy
Yes indeed, the close focusing was the final nail in the rather flimsy coffin of my resistance!
The thing is that it seems to be pretty much as sharp as the primes as well (but a bit bigger!).

all the best

Taylor Sherman

I fixed the WB on my recent day's pictures - funny how I didn't even notice when going over them that they all had a bluish cast due to a funny WB set (while making a cornerfix profile). Anyway, the link changed to my middle picture above and I can't edit the post, so here it is again:

DSC08607_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

benroy

Subscriber Member
Along the backyard fence...growing between the cracks with 100/2.8 Apo-Macro-Elmarit on Canon:

Last edited:

Knorp

Hi there Roy,

I like in particular that cactus shot, fascinating play of light and shadow.
Nice compositions with the plants and flowers against that fence.

And that's quite a lens, hey ?!

All the best.

jonoslack

Hi there Roy,

I like in particular that cactus shot, fascinating play of light and shadow.
And quite a lens, hey ?!

All the best.
+1 it's fantastic Roy . . . . there's one of those lenses at Red Dot as well, but I'm going to restrain myself!

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Bart. I appreciate your continuing encouragement.

Thanks, Jono. Lens is worth every pfennig, Jono...brilliant rendering of color, fine detail.

Roy Benson

benroy

Subscriber Member
Some eye-catchers with the 80-200/4 Vario-Elmar-R...the monsoons have been with us for the past few days in South Florida...mornings have been gloomy, windy, dark and wet. Wide open at f/4 does not make for critical focusing in the gloom, hand-held, so these will, no doubt, not find viewing space in the Louvre...but they may catch your eye.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Haven't been here in a while. Here's a few miscellaneous shots from the marina in front of my office and the camera store. Just bought the 80-200mm. :D

E-M5; Leica-R Vario-Elmar-R 35-70mm f/4.0; ISO 3200

E-M5; E-M5; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 80-200mm f/4; ISO 800

E-M5; E-M5; Leica Vario-Elmar-R 80-200mm f/4; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Lovely Matt
. . . . we had two of these in 2000 - the boy (Grendel) got run over, the girl (Echo) still dominates the household, we all live in fear of her (especially the dog).

Be afraid . . . be VERY afraid.
Jono: Thanks! :D The two of them can be a little scary. They're incredibly agile and can almost reach everywhere. Nothing's safe.

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

benroy

Subscriber Member
Matt: hope you have as much fun with your 80-200 as I do with mine...first images look real good...like the big red Leica dot.

Roy Benson