The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

MikalWGrass

A few shots taken with an a900 and the fantastic Summilux R 50/1.4 in the Sarasota, FL area about a month ago. One is of my son wearing a visor with fake blonde hair, the other is of a shot of the boat we took from Tarpon Springs into the Gulf to hunt for shells and stuff. Both shots had minimal post processing. The more I get the hang of the lens the more I like it.

Last edited:
C

chibosaigon

Taken with my 60 Macro Elmarit, I'd already sold this 135 Elmarit :D

Kokoshawnuff

Wonderful photos all. I've been considering an NEX 7 for a few months to compliment my film Ms and so I can use my Macro 60 r. The results here tell me why it worth a try

bcm

Had some time off and Spring is upon us so I've been out shooting for the first time in a while. Usual suspects...

The Great Escape - ZM 85 f2 +NEX 7

Jazz Hands - ZM 50 f2 + NEX 7

Fun with bubbles. Could have used a bit more depth of field because Offspring No.1 is a bit out of focus but I love the photo anyway. ZM 50 f2 + NEX 7

Last edited:
C

chibosaigon

@bcm: your photos are great, these reminds the time when I was a kid, I also had these photos on film :D

A high-land cafe called Windmills

Kokoshawnuff

Having exclusively used Ms for th past few years I've not had many Macro or Tele opportunities. I took advantage of the pretty great prices being offered on the NEX 5n to get a compact alternative to use any lens on. Here's one of my first with the NEX 5n and Macro Elmarit 60mm...focus was quite difficult:

bcm

@chibosaigon - Are you from Vietnam? Holidayed there a few years ago. Had a great time.

Supporter's flag at the Singapore GP - NEX 7 + CV 35 1.2 II - Only just bought this lens and I really like it.

Taylor Sherman

I picked up an Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH a couple of weeks ago -- been wanting a normal-ish lens w/ similar rendering to the 21SE and smaller/lighter than the 35/1.2 II. I'm still getting to know it, but it has produced some good results. It does need Cornerfix at all apertures on the Nex-7, however.

The close-focus pictures here were taken using a close-focus helicoid adapter; the farther shots are with the Metabones M-Nex.

DSC03240_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC03002_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC03009_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

DSC03225_CF.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Taylor Sherman

Taylor: I'm waiting for a Nex 6 to arrive. Nothing to attach the lenses to. I tried the RX100 with duct tape, but no go. :D

Cheers, Matt
Hah! Yes, that would have "interesting" results. . .

When does the 6 arrive? I've definitely got my eye on the 5R and the 6, trying to figure if one or the other would be a good replacement perhaps for my wife's 5N which is also sometimes my second camera.