The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with M & R Lenses on anything other then a Leica

robsteve

Subscriber
These were shot on a D800E, using a Leica 400mm f2.8 APO-Telyt and a 1.4x APO extender. I put a Leitax mount on the extender, which allowed me to mount the large 400mm APO. If was shot at f3.5 on the lens, giving a 560mm f4, shot at f4.8 or what ever the half stop between f4 and f5.6.

It took a few tries at throwing and fetching the bumper before I could get any in focus. This is a series at the 4.5fps the D800E shoots.

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is the 180mm f3.4 APO at basketball this afternoon. The venue had late afternoon sunlight coming in one end providing very odd lighting for basketball. I am at the cottage this weekend and processed this on my ancient MackBook Pro, so forgive any colour problems. It looks a little over sharp on the laptop too, but was just regular Capture One 7 settings. This was with at f3.4.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I guess this is the right forum....

Duck Decoy and Deacons Bench

EPIC X and 75 Summarit...Canon 1 DX to View:bugeyes:

Front Side

EPIC X and 75 Summarit...Canon 1 DX to View:bugeyes:

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Doubt if the new M battery will match this...

EPIC X Leica M 75 Summarit and BIG BAT

EPIC X and Leica M 75 Summarit...Canon 1DX to view:bugeyes:

Bob

Lloyd

Yup, Wow again. And for the basketball shot as well. This, and the one on the Nikon thread are pretty impressive.

bcm

NEX 7 + ZM50. Trying some B&W processing ideas I read over on the rangefinder forums.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber
I was playing around with the 400mm APO Telyt and the D800E. This was shot without the extenders, so at 400mm and f2.8.

Michiel Schierbeek

I do many photographs with Leica lenses but usually post them in the Ricoh GXR or NEX-7 threads. BTW this is a VC lens.

Here are some of the fair.

Michiel

robsteve

Subscriber
Cleaning out the closet full for Leica R gear, I came across a one cam 50mm Summicron-R that I forgot I had. After a bit of work I managed to get it converted to Nikon mount. For an older 1960's vintage lens it is surprisingly sharp even by todays standards. This image of my dog was shot wide open and she was probably moving too fast for the shutter speed. When I tried it on a tripod at f5.6 shooting more static objects, it was stunningly sharp on the D800E, across the frame at f5.6.

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is the Leica 21-35mm on the D800E at 21mm. Handheld, but the crop shows it is pretty sharp. I just used the default Lightroom sharpening setting and I think they may be a bit too much.