The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica X2

pophoto

Here are some at f/8 during a walk in San Francisco, Lands End on the coastal trail from Ocean Beach towards the Eagles Point outlook. Processed in LR4.1.

[/url] LandsEnd-1 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-4 by [/IMG]

LandsEnd-5 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-6 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-7 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-9 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-10 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-11 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-12 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]
LandsEnd-15 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-16 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-18 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

pophoto

Here are some at f/2.8. There are sample that show isolation (DOF) with regards to busy backgrounds in close proximity.

[/url] LandsEnd-19 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-20 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-21 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-23 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-24 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-25 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-26 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-27 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-29 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-30 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] LandsEnd-31 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

pophoto

Beautiful Jono!
I agree its a great little camera, but mostly for daylight and well lit places so far!

Last edited:

pophoto

Moonshine: I think I had it in Multi, but I have been tending to use it in center since I find spot a bit slow! However, it all depends on the environment and subject!

Last edited:

pophoto

I just thought I'd try out some B&W conversions in Silver Efex Pro and see how flexible the dynamic range was and how well the fidelity of imaging held up. Overall, I have to say I am quite pleased with the sensor from this little camera. Better than I had thought! High key low key tweaks!

[/url] white by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] leaningtree by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] landsend by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

francisco by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr

[/url] darklight2 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] darklight1 by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] dancinglight by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] bolted by PO-MING CHU, on Flickr[/IMG]

Godfrey

My X2 arrived two days ago, and I just barely had time to set it up and take it to the book signing last evening. I handed it to my partner and gave him the assignment to document the event and get a picture of each person with their book ...

He's not a photographer. I set the camera on Program and EV compensation to +.7 to compensate for the gallery's white walls. Had to teach him how to release the shutter...

Here's the result, assembled into a two minute video, straight out of the camera with no image processing at all:

Looks like this is going to be one heck of a camera to work with.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
My X2 arrived two days ago, and I just barely had time to set it up and take it to the book signing last evening. I handed it to my partner and gave him the assignment to document the event and get a picture of each person with their book ...

He's not a photographer. I set the camera on Program and EV compensation to +.7 to compensate for the gallery's white walls. Had to teach him how to release the shutter...

Here's the result, assembled into a two minute video, straight out of the camera with no image processing at all:

Looks like this is going to be one heck of a camera to work with.
Godfrey,

this is really great and I also think this camera is a wonderful tool!

Please keep posting!

BTW - how to get one copy of your book?

Thanks

Peter

Godfrey

Godfrey,
this is really great and I also think this camera is a wonderful tool!
Please keep posting!

BTW - how to get one copy of your book?
Thanks! The X2 is a delight. Once I started using it, I felt that *finally* I have a compact, one lens digital camera that worked as well as my beloved old Rollei 35S does. It will get a lot of use!

You can order direct from Blurb.com (Member Profile: GDGPhoto | Blurb) or, if you prefer, I have a few left from last night and should be able to offer a signed and numbered. Send an email to me at [email protected] if you'd like that. Hard covers are $70, soft covers are $50, shipping is additional ($10 in the USA, ask for a quote outside the USA) if you order from me.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Thanks! The X2 is a delight. Once I started using it, I felt that *finally* I have a compact, one lens digital camera that worked as well as my beloved old Rollei 35S does. It will get a lot of use!

You can order direct from Blurb.com (Member Profile: GDGPhoto | Blurb) or, if you prefer, I have a few left from last night and should be able to offer a signed and numbered. Send an email to me at [email protected] if you'd like that. Hard covers are $70, soft covers are $50, shipping is additional ($10 in the USA, ask for a quote outside the USA) if you order from me.
You have private email

Peter

Godfrey

Leica X2
ISO 3200 @ f/5.6 @ 1/30 s

This is through the window of the truck I was riding in ...

thanks for looking!