The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another celebrity Leica M sighting

jlm

Workshop Member
I sold a Wate adapter to ...Seal, persdonally. remember that controversy when he posted on LUF?

Double Negative

Not Available
I sold a Wate adapter to ...Seal, persdonally. remember that controversy when he posted on LUF?
Cool. I have one of his M8s. :)

Was the controversy on LUF or RFF? I was only aware of the latter - though I wouldn't be surprised to hear of it on LUF also... ;)

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Nice...looks like D.C. likes fast lenses...that looks like an f/0.95 Noct in front of his camera....

As for Seal, he's a good guy, but impassioned, and both RFF and LUF can be unforgiving at times. I have gotten bludgeoned at LUF a few times myself...

ashwinrao1

Ha, algrove, I was just at La Maison due Leica...it's pretty nice, but my stores here in Seattle are on par, if not better....my brother lives about 2 min from LMdL....go figure...

Great find, David

monza

The Seal dust-up was on Huff's site in the commentary of Babsky's Fuji x100 review. For those interested, it's documented here...

BTW, Ann Curry was on Today today, in London. I'm surprised, as she was recently fired from the show, which was IMHO a dumb move. She did not look comfortable.

chrism

Seal has appeared on RFF and LUF under various names. He has been quickly spotted (a leopard seal?) when the 'don't you know who I am?' replies to contradictory opinions come along. I had never heard of him (I don't watch TV, don't pay attention to celebrities, and get my musical kicks with opera) and was bold enough to say so and was told I was jealous of him!

Chris

250swb

Seal shows what can happen when you are so full of yourself, or in the hands of a sponsor. Lets face it, anybody regularly commenting on Leica or any brand can hardly be seen as neutral if their main focus is on the one subject. True they may know a lot about the subject, but putting that into context with the outside world is often beyond them for personal and financial reasons.

Steve

stephengilbert

As soon as one of the Kardashians buys (do they buy?) a Leica, I'm going to get one too. They're so smart, and have such good taste.