The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone in the Richmond, Charlottesville area?

MichaelM6

I could use a hand...if anyone is nearby, I'd love to borrow an extra M8 / M9 battery for a day or two...

Thanks,

Mike

StephenPatterson

If I wasn't 8000 miles away I would be happy to help out. I would recommend that if you do not own a 2nd battery it would be a very wise investment. The recent M9 firmware upgrade was an attempt to alleviate some problems with M9 users using older M8 batteries that are no longer able to supply full voltage. While the lifespan of these batteries is dependent upon number of cycles, average storage temperature, etc. it is probably fair to say that five years is about the most you should expect from one.

Good luck.

MichaelM6

Thanks a lot Stephen! I was afraid I couldn't find one by tomorrow, but alas! One is on its way to me from Adorama in time for Saturday. Thanks again!

D&A

Wow Michael,

I'm not all that far from your neck of the woods and would have been happy to have helped out. Can't believe I didn't see and/or missed the thread earlier in the day, but have been very busy and only browsed here for a couple minutes. Glad it all worked out though.

Stephen, if you were a true Leicaphile and a friend to all, you would have hopped on a plane (actaully since you fly them, commandeered one) and traveled those 8,000 miles for someone in need of a Leica battery :) . OK, here's your second chance, I need a 0.95 Noct by Sat.....for no other special reason other than I'd like to use one that day....LOL! Alright, the least I can do is buy you a cup of coffee (or tea if you prefer)!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited: