The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

m9 sensor damage Gitzo rocket blower?

gooomz

is it possible that you can damage the m9 sensor by using the gitzo rocket blower?

ever hear of anyone messing up their sensor with the rocket blower?

thanks a lot

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I bought and use one after an episode where my previous rocket blower was condensing water vapor and spitting on my sensor...I was not amused.

Bob

Hosermage

Necessity is the mother of all invention, I'm sure there must be needs or they wouldn't have made the products. So the out-going filter will also prevent water from shooting out? Or they just put in some guard-wall so a little water won't roll down into the hole? I guess they can just make the out-going valve protrude a little more on the inside.

250swb

The Visible Dust blower looks very interesting, all their products seem to work so I can't see why this won't do as it says.

As for the Rocket Blower, or any blower, it is great at blowing air at your M9 sensor and unless you touch it to the sensor it shouldn't damage it. The only thing I don't like about the idea of blowing dust off you sensor is that you don't know where it has gone, possibly back inside the camera ready to appear again later. So I don't see it as a quick fix and would rather remove dust manually in a way known to get it out of the camera.

For regular maintenance I use an Arctic Butterfly brush that lifts dust off the sensor, but these should only be used when you know the shutter has given up on throwing oil onto the sensor as many new cameras do. Up until then, and afterwards if you get sticky dust, a wet clean is best.

Steve

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
is it possible that you can damage the m9 sensor by using the gitzo rocket blower?

ever hear of anyone messing up their sensor with the rocket blower?

thanks a lot
I am just guessing ..but if you have small very fine pitting on your sensor ...it may be the coating problem . Go to the Leica User Forum and search on M9 sensor problems and you will find many posts .

ramosa

I have the normal Giotto rocket blowers (large and small), but also the Visible Dust Zeeion blower. The Zeeion blower works in a cool way and decreases the static on the sensor. I have found that very helpful and would definitely recommended the product. (I have a few other things from Visible Dust, all top-notch, too.)