The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My M Monochrom has arrived at my dealer

algrove

It's official after talking with my wife's dealer today that her MM (mine is to arrive soon) was in the Leica shipping box he opened up today! He is as excited as we are since it's the first M he has received.

StephenPatterson

Congratulations!!! Now, if you are VERY nice (probably involving dinner and a lovely Bordeaux) she might let you borrow it to take a few photos.

algrove

Well, I promised her an X-2, but we will see if she falls for the deal. I know she prefers AF over MF any day.

Have a shoot planned with a restaurateur/Leica owner at his very early morning marche the day after I (sorry we) pick it up. Sure hope my Noctilux matches up with it OK.

Currently traveling so will not be able to actually pick it up for over 2 weeks. What a bummer!

algrove

Stephen- I would have done what you mention except for the fact that I make him keep the gray outer boxes sealed on all my purchases unopened. In this case he wants to go out with me and do some shots he has preplanned nearby since he almost seems to be more excited about the MM arrival than I am.

I assured him he would be the first to see some images done with the MM and Noctilux. This guy is so into Leica that every time I enter the store he insists we print (often 24x36) any new images. We sit at the store's Mac Pro and huge 24" Epson printer for sometimes hours working on my photos since he is MANY miles away from my computer setup (I do not yet optimize images on my Air).

He has done me so many favors I feel waiting a couple of weeks in order to involve a good person in this exciting time is no big deal. That's me.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I received mine today. I'll be running tests with filters over the next few weeks and comparing with film. I'll post samples to a new thread once I've sorted it out.