The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

$1000 off new M9-P

theflyer

isuperfish - i'm not really sure why the price difference but to your point, i just walked into a dealer yesterday in HK and was offered a brand new M9P - full 2 year int'l warranty - for US$5500. for that price, it sure beats buying used, event mint condition, without no warranty.

do i need a new M9P? i don't know, but i sure want one. :D

StephenPatterson

... i just walked into a dealer yesterday in HK and was offered a brand new M9P - full 2 year int'l warranty - for US$5500...
A real Leica dealer or one of those rip off shops in TST? It absolutely makes a difference where you buy your Leica gear, especially in Hong Kong.

BeeWee

FWIW, I'll only buy from 3 stores in Hong Kong that I consider honest and trustworthy but have decent prices:
Man Shing and Wing Shing in Mong Kok, and Kowloon Photo Service midway between Jordan and Yau Ma Tei

I've bought Leica gear at Manshing/Wingshing (same owners), and I've bought all my Gitzo stuff from KPS.

theflyer

I've certainly bought my share of goodies from man shing and wing shing but that's been mostly canon gear, tripods, bags, etc. for my zeiss, CV and Leica stuff I've been using shogun - they just seem to be willing to deal a little more and their service - at least with Denny - has been fantastic.

Stephen - I know the stores in TST of which you speak; there are many of them (and appropriately enough they're usually next door to the massage parlors). shogun is a reputable dealer amongst the local crowd and Denny sells new and used Leica gear, does trade-ins, has his own service tech, etc. your mileage may vary but he's never let me down.

Last edited: