The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Interesting News - Photokina 2012

Double Negative

Not Available
Seems there are a few surprises for Photokina 2012 after all... We kind of all expected the M10 and 28mm Lux. But you're not expecting this!

Admin Note: We've received multiple complaints about your linking to another site without giving details here. It is a rule, and everybody needs to follow it or we'll end up with forums full of threads that just link. Granted, the OP has asked for discussion here, and that's why I let it slide initially, but given the complaints I have no option except to extract the information from the link below and repost it here or delete the entire thread. Double, if you are not in agreement with this, then PM me and I will delete the entire thread.

Here is the content from the link posted below:

"Can't stand the anticipation of what Leica has in store for us at Photokina 2012 - or their own special event "Das Wesentliche" in Cologne the night before? We have it on good authority through a few well-placed source on what to expect. This is a La Vida Leica exclusive! The new products for the M system will include...

Let's start with a new M10 body and a Summilux-M 28mm f/1.4 ASPH lens. Everyone naturally seems to be expecting the M10 and the Summilux was recently revealed through a firmware update which included the coding for it. The M10 will have a CMOS sensor - and therefore live view with an EVF port. And... Video! While it might be announced at Photokina, it won't be available until April. Another common rumor was a redesigned Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH. Turns out, this will remain a rumor - at least for now. Don't expect to see it at Photokina.

Pretty cool, right? Still want more? There will also be another body announced! The Leica ME!

It was hinted at by DSLR Magazine with more clues offered in interviews of Andreas Kaufmann by BJP and Stefan Daniels by Theme - but we can confirm it. This is NOT a rumor - and it's not what some of you are thinking.

The "ME" name however is subject to change. It is a real Leica, not a clone or a re-badge. It will cost less than the M9 and feature a regular VF (no EVF and not EVIL). In fact, it's more like the M9 than it is different - it's a scaled back M9 (M10?). M mount. So there it is - sorry EVIL fans. We're trying to confirm, but it should have a full frame sensor. Available shortly after Photokina.

Two cameras, two price levels. Same system... M!

Stay tuned for more details..."

New Leica Products at Photokina 2012

Discuss. ;)

Shashin

A copy of the Pentax ME Super? Leica is probably just got tired of making the couple rangefinder mechanism and the M line will turn into an EVIL line. A Fuji X-Pro1 killer!

V

Vivek

A rebadged Panasonic Lumix G5 with a Leica price tag. You heard it first here!

V

Vivek

Cute, very cute but DN's post is about a "new" camera.

It is a rebadged Lumix.

Take a look at the G5's shape. A miniature R9.

Shashin

Well, the price of the new camera will be 4,000 euros as the man himself stated they did not have a product filling the gap between 2,000 and 6,000 euro.

But even bigger news, Leica will publish a book of Seal's photography in their new publishing venture.

bensonga

When they release a new digital camera that begins with "R", Leica will have my full attention.

Gary

iiiNelson

A rebadged Panasonic Lumix G5 with a Leica price tag. You heard it first here!
I doubt it. I think it's more likely to be a rebadged NEX camera given the Sony produced CMOS rumors. They also make the X1 and X2 sensor so I'd bet more money on that. I would hope for an APS-H sensor though given the higher retail price it'll have.

Godfrey

Leica said about 18 months ago try were working on a TTL electronic camera with this Photokina as a target.

So what's the surprise?

V

Vivek

Godfrey, They have also said (don't know when) that they are working on a "solution" for the R line. Time has passed and the orphaned lenses are finding solutions by owners to use on Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc system cameras.

Thia appears to be really news if something comes out of it.