The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

1.9/73 hektor - anyone interested?

irakly

girls and boys, i have decided to part with the 1.9/73. as great as the lens is, i do not feel comfortable taking this gem into places where i tend to go. i put it on ebay, but for anyone here i will gladly take it out and deduct ebay fees.
irakly

irakly

Irakley

What price are you asking for the lens and what condition is it in?

Woody
for its age, i would rate it excellent. a few faint cleaning marks, a few bubbles (which is absolutely fine, at the time it was not considered a flaw), no dings, everything operates smoothly. there is some slight brassing on black parts, but it is uniform.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, I have my older one in the B&S too, though Irakly's is cleaner. And this vintage glass definitely has bubbles in it -- I have read it was actually considered a sign of quality back in that time, but don't ask me why...

I love the way these lenses render people :)

irakly

Hey Jack,
The bubbles were not considered a sign of quality per se, but at the time, when only Zeiss knew how to make optical glass without internal tensions, a chunk of glass with a bubble in it that did not crack upon cooling down was rightfully considered free of tensions and could be used for polishing.
Irakly