The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Erwin Puts on the Monochrome

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Robert,

I went to his site a day ago hoping he had commented on the camera....

The Monochrome is looking better all the time.

Bob

D&A

With regards to use of the Tirion trial, I wish he had also posted an converted B&W image from the M9-P, which would have reduced the image degridation due to moire and then compared to the monochrom. Differences in contrast and tonality between the two would of course still exists, but it would have provided a clear picture of the differences in resolution as it pertained to only B&W.

Dave (D&A)

Brian S

You can download the two images yourself, and convert the color image to monochrome. I just did that, the converted image shows the artifacts in the converted image. It looks like what you would get with a dead pixel: a dark line running across the image.

D&A

You can download the two images yourself, and convert the color image to monochrome. I just did that, the converted image shows the artifacts in the converted image. It looks like what you would get with a dead pixel: a dark line running across the image.
Swamped with some obligations today and read through artical quickly...and didn't think to download and compare. Thanks Brian! I didn't think it would equalize things, just that it was a more sensable and fair comparision (monocom vs. converted B&W (as opposed to using the color image).

Dave (D&A)