The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More excellent 'Jono Slack'!

seakayaker

Jono, love your photographs and a wonderful write up by Tim Ashley!

I also love your mantra, "if it's interesting, nobody cares if it's technically good. If it's not interesting, nobody cares at all.

Best wishes for a safe and happy holiday!

chrism

If it's interesting, nobody cares if it's technically good. If it's not interesting, nobody cares at all.
And isn't this why we care at all about HCB? He didn't focus. He didn't have an exposure meter. He didn't print. Instead he saw.

Chris

D&A

Jono, the posts in this thread reflect my admiration and appreciation for your emense contributions, thank you! The praise you"ve received from all is richly deserved and we've all benifited from your sharing of all things phtographic. Tom also deserve a lot of credit too.

Now onto the burning question we all have.... When does "Jono, The Movie" get released Stateside? Of course this is loosely based in the book "The Life and Photographic Times of Jono Slack" :)

Dave (D&A)

Godfrey

Jono, the posts in this thread reflect my admiration and appreciation for your emense contributions, thank you! The praise you"ve received from all is richly deserved and we've all benifited from your sharing of all things phtographic. Tom also deserve a lot of credit too.

Now onto the burning question we all have.... When does "Jono, The Movie" get released Stateside? Of course this is loosely based in the book "The Life and Photographic Times of Jono Slack"
It's scheduled for release right after the release of The Life and Vision of a Curmudgeon: the Photos of GDG, I suspect. ];-)

Godfrey

Looks like an excellent article, congrats Jono!
Hopefully I'll have time to read it a little later today ... :)
Just got to it. Lovely, well written and presented.
We share on several sentiments, although we differ on details. ;-)

bravo!

G