The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Welcome to the M8 world.

F

fotografr

fotografr,

At the risk of starting an insane excursion into sports, here :"The Big Game" is Cal/Stanford. (I root for neither.)
CBS Sunday Morning news: First game mentioned, Ohio State losing to Illinois. Second game mentioned, Wisconsin upsetting Michigan. Guess Cal/Stanford were somewhere down the list. ;)

P

PaulMayeux

Wow - I wondered where everyone had gone while I was out of town. Nice site guys.

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Happy to be here. I see a bunch of the people who convinced me to stop bitching about the M8 and get one. Oh, why did I wait so long????

carstenw

Quick question: can the colour scheme be configured? I prefer something lower key personally.
Next question :)

Can the visited/non-visited link colours be easier to differentiate? I find it hard to see at a quick glance which threads have new posts. Perhaps a little colour in the non-visited link?

P

papimuzo

Great to be here too!
Should I dare to be member of this (splendid viewing) forum? I am a real amateur photographer and probably have nothing to give.
But I have already benefited so much from those who apparently lead this one. And I confess that the perpetual ranting at another place
about what Leica should (have to/had to/must) do made me tired.
Long life to this forum and happy pictures to all.:D:D

Nick_Yoon

Hello everyone!

I've been following all the M8 discussions I've been able to find since it was released and have finally bought one. I've had it just over a week now and am loving it (when I can find the time to use it).

I look forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully I can contribute something as well.

Cheers,
Nick

W

winks

35 Cron ASPH. US Cemetery Chapel at St. Avold, France. I've been shooting the M8 for about 6 months. Haven't touched the 5D since.
Kevin

W

winks

Going for the garter

I took this at my son's wedding the end of October. He is a Naval Officer and all these single Navy officers made quite a site - some trying to catch the thrown garter, others doing their best to avoid it. I liked the progession from looking to action. 50 Lux.
Kevin

Maggie O

Fly Navy! :thumbs:

Hi y'all! I followed Sean and Guy over here from the L-Camera forums.

I've got a silver M8 and three CV lenses, 21, 28 and 35. I love them all with a passion that is probably illegal in Indiana. ;)

I got my M8 just in time for a European holiday and it proved itself very worthy. Here's one of my favorite shots from Paris:

Here is a collection of photos from my M8.

woodyspedden

35 Cron ASPH. US Cemetery Chapel at St. Avold, France. I've been shooting the M8 for about 6 months. Haven't touched the 5D since.
Kevin
This is an image that benefits greatly from the enhanced contrast of the 35 Cron. Guess it shows why you need at least 3 of the 35 FL so you can get it all LOLOLOL

Woody

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Feeling really bad that I haven't been able to contribute more here yet, but things with my Mom down in Florida have been, well, "interesting" these past two weeks. Hopefully things will start to settle out now and I can get back to shooting more.... and then the snow starts :(

I did grab these shots of my sweetie Suzanne before she got out of town to visit the grand-babies for a couple of weeks:

Maggie O

She looks like someone I'd want to be friends with, for sure! Very nice portraits, full of character.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
She looks like someone I'd want to be friends with, for sure! Very nice portraits, full of character.
Maggie, she is a character alright. And just about the only woman I have met in recent history that will put up with my crazy life. She raised seven kids in the Ozarks, and has been a professional musician all her life. A bass player no less! That last photo was shot in my place down in "Old" Mexico.... where I am honestly hoping we can return to soon for the rest of the winter at least. It is too dang COLD up here in these United States for me after almost seven years "down South" :)

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
I likes me some bass-playin' wimmins. Check out this photoset of mine.

I hear ya, we're weathering an ice storm here in Nebraska.
Music :thumbs: Your rooms look just about like ours do, and will even more once we get everything into just one location! I've got guitars and cameras strung over the continent at the moment. Oh, and Santa is fixin to add to the collection also. Her's to the left, His to the right. For our first Christmas! :D