The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Acquisition - 80/1.4

J

Jamie Roberts

Jamie: You really put the Leica 80 R into great applications. I used to do wedding myself and seeing the image of the bride like this inside her home is special. Besides the choice of lens and the F stop, the light and composition made the photo. This is an example where knowing the lens character and stopping down a tad to get enough resolving power and yet retain lovely bokeh. At F1.6 there should be plenty of ambient light in the background.

Thanks for the kind words! And yeah, the brides never "see" in the room what I see in the room with that lens :) And close up, it honestly just needs that touch of stopping down as you put it to still be flattering (no re-touching needed, really) but sharp too.

Older women, especially, love this lens, and you can see why!

wolverine

Jamie,
I have thoroughly enjoyed your work. I have been asked by a friend to take pics of at her daughter. I would like to get the 80 lux for the 5D. Did you have any problems fitting this lens to the 5D? Is there a version I should look for or avoid? I will be buying used for this lens. Thanks.