The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Monochrom in China - blurb E-book

jonoslack

Hi there -

I've just put up a first draft of my book of Monochrom photos from China.

Not perfect I'm sure, but free, and fun to do.

Please help yourself:

Monochrom in China

Enjoy

right . . . now I'm off to the airport!

jonoslack

A pedant writes; Sim is not a Chinaman. (Page 1 Acknowledgements). ;).
You'll be able to do better than that . . this is actually the second draft . . .the first said PHOTOGRAPS on the front cover!
all comments gratefully received.

That one is really irritating though, as I really mind about those . . . Jono hereby eats, shoots and leaves.
damn!

. . . . and now sorted . . . if it offends thee, then you'll have to download it again!

Last edited:

StephenPatterson

Thanks Jono, easy and painless working with Blurb, even if you do have to go through the whole checkout process in order to spend...drumroll please....Zero Dollars and Zero Cents!!!

I'm looking forward to enjoying this on my iPad this evening. Cheers!!!

Hosermage

Wonderful images... I did see a shot of a street vendor selling fried smelly tofu (I think), I hope you had a taste of that!

Lloyd

Thanks so much, Jono. The book is great, and the images are especially stunning on the new iPad. Now I know why we bought it!!

jonoslack

Wonderful images... I did see a shot of a street vendor selling fried smelly tofu (I think), I hope you had a taste of that!
Stinky Tofu. We did try it.Emma liked it, I thought it was a bit bland. Drunken shrimps was the great success!

jonoslack

Thanks so much, Jono. The book is great, and the images are especially stunning on the new iPad. Now I know why we bought it!!
Thanks Lloyd. The snaps have been zapped up a bit this time. For the website I was trying to show the dynamic range (and got soundly slapped for flat pictures). These are still gentle, just not quite so gentle!

All the best from heathrow terminal 1

simonclivehughes

Jono,

Thanks for making your work available like this. Very enjoyable!

I noticed one typo in the cormorant story... you say a "stork of grass" rather than "stalk of grass" :D

Cheers,

Godfrey

Hi there -

I've just put up a first draft of my book of Monochrom photos from China.

Not perfect I'm sure, but free, and fun to do.

Please help yourself:

Monochrom in China

Enjoy

right . . . now I'm off to the airport!
Nicely done! I'll spend my lunch hour reading it. :)

One thing I'm interested in is how Blurb renders the ebook. I've been planning to make an ebook edition of Ways Together and wondering how it will look with Blurb's rendering vs doing a re-layout in iBook Author.

Godfrey

Nicely done! I'll spend my lunch hour reading it. :)
I did indeed.
Quite a few very nice photos in there, Jono!
I'm curious about the fan painting section. I'd love to know more about the man who was painting with his feet. There's a story to tell there.

Last edited:

rayyan

Thank you for making the preview available for us Jono. Simply amazing
images and excellent presentation.

Have a great time in Crete!!:D

Best.