The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New page about light metering with the Leica M9 by Overgaard

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I would not use the Kodak grey card for any type of White Balance it was not designed for that but really only metering. For white balance the passport is a better tool or a card designed for WB, the Kodak grey card from memory has a yellow bias.

magosak

Thanks Thorsten. I enjoyed reading and learned a lot from reading your article.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with and can recommend a less expensive alternative to ExpoDisc.

seakayaker

Thanks for the article.

Very informative and have now bookmarked the page for future reference for light metering and the rest of the contents on your site!

Godfrey

Thanks Thorsten. I enjoyed reading and learned a lot from reading your article.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with and can recommend a less expensive alternative to ExpoDisc.
Search on the B&H site for "gray target" ... there are several diffusers that you use like you do an ExpoDisk. Whether they're as good or not I don't know since I've never used any of them.