The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Petster

Here's a non-HDR shot from a slightly different angle. I prefer the non-HDR, frankly.
In technical terms of what I simply see from these two screen shots, I prefer the HDR version and I am usually not a big fan of HDR. It seems to have tamed the exposure extremes well without looking artifical.

Dave (D&A)
Agree with Dave. Most times HDR looks artificial. But here the HDR shot has much more punch, especially in the highlights. But I'm asking myself if it wouldn't be possible to achieve the results with the single shot as well.

Pete

m_driscoll

Broadway Ave., Seattle, WA.

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/750s; +2/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/600s; +2/3 EV; ISO 640

M-M; 35mm f/1.4 FLE; 1/500s; +2/3 EV; ISO 6400

Cheers, Matt

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I'm going to break a rule here. I'm posting two Monochrom "autumn in New England" shots taken yesterday, followed by three taken with the M9 (yes the colors finally got to me!).

First the Monochroms both with the 28mm elmarit:

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Now for the part the breaks the rules - three with the M9. The first with the 35mm FLE; the second with the DR summicron three frames stitched; the third with the DR summicron.

Let me know what you think.

D&A

Now for the part the breaks the rules - three with the M9. The first with the 35mm FLE; the second with the DR summicron three frames stitched; the third with the DR summicron.

Let me know what you think.
Aren't rules made to be broken? :)

Of course to represent and display the splended New England colors of Autumn, one must succumb to use of a color camera or film. Yet on the other hand for most of us that have experienced the beautiful array of hues and vividness of the leaves this time of year, our brains sort of fill in the missing pieces when captured in B&W, and in this case, what the scene might look like if it "WAS" shot in color. Sometimes this can be a most effective and a quite different take on a subject that were so used to seeing usually being shot in color, since our own interpretaion and imagination is added when we view these kinds of B&W images. Often times the B&W e can be stronger, it all depends. This of course is my own personal interpretation.

Dave (D&A)

m_driscoll

Woody inspired me to go find some 'Fall'.

M-M; 90mm f/2.5; 1/350s; -2/3 EV; ISO 320

M-M; 90mm f/2.5; 1/25s; -2/3 EV; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt