The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

V

Vivek

Here are a few impressionistic captures. Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure, but hopefully someone somewhere likes them :) The only adjustments were a bit of cropping on one of them, some spotting and contrast in LR, otherwise the entire effect was done at time of capture.

Can you really see inside?

Altered Merry-go-round

Imprisoned Trees

I developed these on my work laptop and forgot the SD card for a few days. I think they need a matt added, will do that at home tonight.
Fabulous! :)

(I would not do anything to them)

Thanks Vivek!

I've re-processed them at home ready for printing this weekend as I noticed some blown highlights and many dust spots I'd missed (due to the small aperture they show really badly). Anyhow no need to update anything online. I am renaming the 2nd image though as I somehow see it differently. It's called the General and the EOD expert now!

woodyspedden

I've had this camera about three days and am trying to get the hang of the postproduction. Am working with Adobe Camera Raw 5.x and Silver Efex 1. This is a crop, with 50mm Summicron-M plus orange filter.

Actually, I hope this image inserts correctly. Haven't tried this before.... Ahhh, after about five tries I grabbed the right link!! ;)

L2000201c2 by Ed Rudolph, on Flickr
Ed

Two comments

First of all, the 50 Cron M shows resolution with the MM that is unreal

Second, because of the high dynamic range of this rig, there would appear to be quite a learning curve to get these files "right" Certainly not equivalent to black and white processing an M9 file

Love to hear your comments about this

Woody

woodyspedden

Ed

Two comments

Second, because of the high dynamic range of this rig, there would appear to be quite a learning curve to get these files "right" Certainly not equivalent to black and white processing an M9 file

Woody
Can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

woodyspedden

Ed

Two comments

Woody
Can't wait to get mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Out early for a walk with the Mono.

Mono and Summicron 35 ASPH

Fenced Tree

Autumn Lake Morning Light

Bob

ashwinrao1

Ed

Two comments

Woody
Hi Woody,
I wrote extensively abou these issues here:

Lessons Learned – Using Classic Lenses on the Leica M Monochrom by Ashwin Rao | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A few on the way back.

Monochrom and Summicron 35 ASPH

Shade Tree Tin Barn

Net on Old Oak

Goal

Bob

erudolph

Ed

Two comments

Woody
Thanks for the response Woody. There are a lot of different versions of right, aren't there... :)

erudolph

One with the 28mm Cron ASPH, no filter

I have just figured out how to insert images into a post without getting the thumbnail attachment. My wife Jamie says she likes a graphically interesting pose because for years she worked at a record company and had to make interesting covers from uninteresting photos. We're about to go for a bike ride here on Thanksgiving day, at noon, in the bright light.

ashwinrao1

Nice work, Ed. Love the poses that you have captured across the board

Bob, I enjoyed the footie goal box...

Here are a few images to share from this evening's Thanksgiving Festivities:

C-Sonnar 50:

35 summarit

One with the 35 Summilux LFE (taken by my friend Joe, but it is my finger)