The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Primordial fence in the background?:shocked:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice photo...wrong title, methinks, Bob.

Jeff
If you have followed my pics over the past year the fence is a new addition...in the past month. I had planned to do a four seasons survey of the lake...only to find this travesty. Cannot tell you what I think...do not want the moderators shutting down the thread.

I actually climbed the sucker and walked around the lake to get the pic.

One assumes that most every lawyer in the country is attempting to protect us from anything wild, old, "dangerous", and perhaps, primordial...all billable hours for them and unredeemable losses for the rest of us. BTW... the lake is shallow enough to wade at its flood stage...makes no sense at all.

Which is why the Title ends with Or So It Seemed.....

Bob

docmoore

Here are a couple of the older captures...please forgive my OT post....

Leica S2-P

Fence Posts Lakes Edge

Trees and Heron

Winter Lake Early Morning

I had hoped to explore the winter ... snow ice and fog with the Monochrom.

Bob

docmoore

Thanks, Bob...had no idea. Bummer.

Jeff
No, your post was spot on....I did not articulate my angst / anger / loss well enough with the title.

Now that I know how to do a circus balancing act on the aircraft cable of the fence I may be game for a somewhat less expansive survey of its potential.

Just need to keep enough money for bail in my kit.....:ROTFL:

Although when the temperature drops below 20 F I doubt they will be checking it at the hours I will frequent it.

Regards,

Bob

docmoore

Well....

Back to the Monochrom.

Monochrom and 35 Summicron ASPH

Self on Tin

High and Lifted

Bob

jlm

Workshop Member
this b/w work got me so inspired i bought an M7 and just today souped my first roll of hp5, drying now.

jonoslack

I like Kurt's thinking. I'm more interested in working in a new aesthetic than trying to replicate the looks of yesteryear. I just got my MM and am deciding whether I should trade in a Noctilux for the 50mm APO in following Kurt's word.
I like Kurt's thinking as well - and I've gravitated to modern Leica lenses, bascially because I found it tricky mixing the aesthetic, so that the 28 'cron Asp is about the 'oldest' looking lens I have.

As for the Noctilux / 50 APO trade. I guess it depends on which Noctilux you speak of. If it's the 0.95, I really think you might find it tricky to distinguish between the two lenses at f2. I've had a similar anguish over the new 50 'cron APO - it's gorgeous, and I've been lucky enough to have one to play with for a couple of months. I was going to sell my granny, and also my 50 'lux and 24 'lux to finance it . . . but I found myself increasingly grabbing the 'lux or the noct instead, just in case I wanted the faster lens.

I decided that the 50 APO Asph 'cron is not an 'instead of' lens (at least for me), and as I can't afford it to be an 'as well as' lens, I'll stick with what I've got for the time being (however beautiful the 'cron might be).

all the best