The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Gary Clennan

Really nice shot's Dave! I watched three Pacman fights while living in the phils and they are indeed a huge event there! Most take the day off and make it into an outdoor party. I was also lucky to hang with him on a few occasions as my son was in his son's class at school. Super nice guy and pretty down to earth. My wife was pretty happy to get a few pics with Jinkee as well! :) Keep the good pics coming!

Gary

Actually 'twas my first serious attempt to shoot Filipinos watching a Manny Pacquiao boxing match. It is almost like a national holiday whenever there's one. Unfortunately for the Philippines, Pacquiao lost...

Pacquiao vs Marquez Part IV

thrice

I love the look of the MM but I just don't shoot enough black & white. You guys are making me jealous though :)

Funny that the USA seems to be short of stock, they're on the shelves unclaimed here in oz :p

xdayv

Really nice shot's Dave! I watched three Pacman fights while living in the phils and they are indeed a huge event there! Most take the day off and make it into an outdoor party. I was also lucky to hang with him on a few occasions as my son was in his son's class at school. Super nice guy and pretty down to earth. My wife was pretty happy to get a few pics with Jinkee as well! :) Keep the good pics coming!

Gary
Nice to hear from you Gary, thanks. I'm glad you crossed path with Pacman while you were here. Cheers.

Dave, you have quick become a master with the MM!
Ashwin, you're too kind... Many months before becoming a member here - I had been lurking everyday (literally) and got inspired to the posts here (especially yours), and was enough to push me to get my first RF. Still have lots of things to learn from you guys, thanks GetDPI! Keep inspiring.

Godfrey

I resist wanting this camera.

!!

JPL

Had some moment during lunch break today around Basel SBB station - 21 CV with orange filter

Last edited:

xdayv

The first one, JPL. Top! :thumbs:
+1

This is just lovely. How did you get such nice tonality?
Skimmel, thanks! I process them over at LR and the Monochrom's DNGs have enough lattitude to allow pushing and pulling the sliders more aggresively. I basically tinker with highlights and shadows, blacks and whites, and curves. HTH.

Last edited: