The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

For the extra adventurous foodies, a must-try...

A balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. (Source: Wikipedia)

Shashin

A balut is a fertilized duck embryo that is boiled and eaten in the shell. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines. (Source: Wikipedia)
You always wonder if they waited too long or not long enough...

erudolph

Experimenting with PP

I've been trying to understand the "clarity" function in the IOS App PhotoForge2. Here's a couple of experiments using only Photoshop CS4. Setup = MM, current 90mm Summicron, no filter.

V

Vivek

I've been trying to understand the "clarity" function in the IOS App PhotoForge2. Here's a couple of experiments using only Photoshop CS4. Setup = MM, current 90mm Summicron, no filter.

Ed, "Clarity" func usually lifts the contrast.

erudolph

Ed, "Clarity" func usually lifts the contrast.
Thanks, Vivek. This version of clarity has three variables: clarity, local contrast and tone masking. Decreasing the tone masking amount to some degree reduces the other effects on the highlights, but with a noticeable mask.

At any rate, a few seconds with this clarity has attractive effects that the clarity values in LR or ACR don't have.

For the extra adventurous foodies, a must-try...

I've actually tried this, they're fine unless you get a chewy one, that kind of freaks me out. I haven't quite gotten into slurping the juice off the top. Not sure if they do that in PH but certainly they do it in VN!

I think local food in the Philippines is destroyed by the fast food market and the dominating big players. I stopped at 3 shops between a restaurant and the office to get some mango's and not one sold them, I mean come on, I couldn't buy mangos in the philippines! Lots of salty, oily packets of crap though. Obesity is pretty apparent too. Makes me really sad.

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Hooray... I got my M Monochrom on Friday!

I was on a couple of lists, but grew impatient and decided to call around. I found one at Southeastern Camera in Raleigh. They had an M Monochrom and 35mm Summilux arriving on Thursday. I grabbed the M Monochrom, and UPS delivered it on Friday. As far as I know, they still have the 35mm Summilux in stock. I already had one, so I wasn't interested.

MM + 35lux (ISO 1250)
Congrats on the camera and maybe that's why they called me the other day. Either way I'm traveling now for work, so I'm not in the local area, but good to see the camera (they may have been calling me about) went to a GetDPI member. Your camera will make the 4th Leica MM that I know about that they received so it's good to know they are trickling in and that one comes up about every other month to them.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Vivek. This version of clarity has three variables: clarity, local contrast and tone masking. Decreasing the tone masking amount to some degree reduces the other effects on the highlights, but with a noticeable mask.

At any rate, a few seconds with this clarity has attractive effects that the clarity values in LR or ACR don't have.
Ed, Thank you. :) I will have to explore that a bit.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Compass rose - illustrating the fact that the Manhattan grid is actually tilted roughly 29 degrees to the West. MM + 40mm Summicron-C. Two frames stitched.

D&A

Ashwin Kingfish cafe...amazing shot just great! xdayv..Dave Your last "discreet" shot in the set great as well. Nicely done. Looks sort of 3d to me.
A big +1 for both! That shot of the Kigfish cCfe reminds me of a movie set (hmmm, shades of Sleepless in Seattle :)). From you description, almost makes me want to hop on a plane and grab a bite there.

Dave (D&A)

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
MM plus a new old lens: a CZ Jena 5cm f1.5 Sonnar from the 1950s. This is a screw mount lens mounted via an M adapter. Focus appears to be slightly off (an inch or two behind at one meter close focus) so I'll take it in for a CLA.