The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Joe, like you, I got to try out the Mono at the Leica event at Milk Studios during PhotoPlus. It had been almost 3 years since I shot an M camera and it was a great feeling to shoot one again. The capabilities of the Mono made the experience even more rewarding.

Marc:
nice shots
I think the guy in the fedora is Mike, my barber!
John, you are probably right. Will Yan (the person on the right) introduced him to me as his barber. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name and I am terrible about not taking notes when I photograph. Thank you giving me his name.

This was my favorite photo of the trip due to the time warp between the person on the left (50's attire, newspaper under arm) and the person on the right (modern style, iPhone in hand).

xdayv

New Year's Day - after all these years, this was my first time to wake up early and shoot on January 1. I'm usually so tired on the eve's celebration that I don't have the energy to shoot early. But I think with the Monochrom in my bedside, there was enough enthusiasm to push to me get up early. I took a stroll down the wet market to see the life in there. It was almost barren, with a few people here and there.

Joe, like you, I got to try out the Mono at the Leica event at Milk Studios during PhotoPlus. It had been almost 3 years since I shot an M camera and it was a great feeling to shoot one again. The capabilities of the Mono made the experience even more rewarding.
The Leica reps only gave us an hour or two, but I could easily shoot for a lifetime with that lovely M. Fun experience.

erudolph

Experiments with HDR, never having tried it. For me, the goal is not to get caught, that is, don't draw attention to the trickery. 21mm Super Elmar, no filter, each image is 3 shots bracketed at 1.5 EV.