The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

ashwinrao1

Great stuff, mmbma, woody, and wentbackward.....

THe portraits with the 90 cron and nikkor show the scope of the camera, in different hands, wiht different lenses and processing. Most impressive, fellas!

mmbma

thanks Ashwin. love the classic lenses on the Mono.

My daughter and mother in law, 50mm Nikkor s.c. 1600 iso

D&A

THe portraits with the 90 cron and nikkor show the scope of the camera, in different hands, wiht different lenses and processing. Most impressive, fellas!
+1. Many impressive images and it's lovely to see the different styles of post processing the MM images. Truly appreciate this thread and the effort involved.

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

Enjoying the MM, just some snaps

90 Elmar-C on the MM (looks like it'll be a nice travel lens, sharp for tele-work and nice for portraits)

And a little more bokeh with the 85 mm f/1.8 LTM

Yes! Vastly different styles and looks, the variety is wonderful. Your own portraits too Ashwin, always seem to capture fun (and occasionally odd) moments!

ashwinrao1

Hi David, yes, I am a lucky guy to be surrounded by so many wonderful people! I am glad that they don't mind me aiming the camera their way...for the most part ;)

airfrogusmc

I haven't shot anything lately for myself. Busy shooting for work. Been busy mounting, matting and framing and I'm so sick of it.....

Had lunch with a good bud today and I took this.
I think this illustrates the range of the MM . Very fast edit.

erudolph

Nice grain! May i ask what was the ISO here? To me these kinds of shots are only possible with the Mono (perhaps the new M). High ISO plus fast glass plus discretion and portability!
ISO 8000, 50mm Summicron, unsure of f/stop

i didn't do any noise reduction on this.