The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

V

Vivek

Just a few days after I received my MM I had to go to India on a family visit. There were only a few minutes in a day that I could avail the camera because of the nature of that visit. Will post a few in the coming days from the neighborhood I was in. I just used 2 lenses with 2 filters (yellow most of the time and orange)- Jupiter-3 and a Rokkor 40/2. Although I could have done away with only one lens (Rokkor) for >97%. My PP is very basic (LR only Nik pluggin isn't claimed yet and has not been used) and pretty much all are OOC images though everything was captured RAW.

A morning news paper in the Hotel.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, Rokkor 40/2

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Mumbai (formerly "Bombay") gets lashed with monsoon (torrential rains) for 3 months in a year and even recent buildings look like this.

Leica MM, Rokkor 40/2, Yellow filter

V

Vivek

One of the rare freestanding houses in the suburb. The real estate is one of the most expensive in the world. This will most likely be sold for several million euros soon and will be replaced by a huge apartment with each apartment costing ~ 1 million each.

xdayv

One of the rare freestanding houses in the suburb. The real estate is one of the most expensive in the world. This will most likely be sold for several million euros soon and will be replaced by a huge apartment with each apartment costing ~ 1 million each.

Vivek well captured, before the building goes to ruin.

V

Vivek

Day break in Mumbai. By 9AM the light is already harsh and the temperatures sored to ~40C last week. The difference between sunlight and shadow even at ~8Am is huge. Vendors wash the front of their shops and some (on the wheels) try to keep their fruits alive by sprinkling water.

V

Vivek

India without people in a frame is odd since they are everywhere. Even fortified police vehicles (after the terrorist attacks, Mumbai is still on full alert, all the time) aren't left clear.

V

Vivek

A night portrait of a willing street vendor. Expressly asked for permission (just sign language as I do not know the local language, Marathi or even Hindi). The Leica got noticed by anyone and everyone and a there were queries about the camera as well. Perhaps the people were perplexed by an antique looking camera.

Leica MM, Jupiter-3 5cm f/1.5

fotografz

Nice Vivek!

Frankly, I haven't seen a collective explosion of meaningful images like this thread since tracking M film stuff way back in the "olden days when I was alive" ... as a little kid once said to a friend of mine : -)

Nice stuff everyone, just terrific. :thumbs:

Can't wait until my new knee is healed better and I can get out there and try living up to what you folks are producing with this little camera. Nothing short of inspiring.

-Marc

teeraash

Nice Vivek!

Frankly, I haven't seen a collective explosion of meaningful images like this thread since tracking M film stuff way back in the "olden days when I was alive" ... as a little kid once said to a friend of mine : -)

Nice stuff everyone, just terrific. :thumbs:

Can't wait until my new knee is healed better and I can get out there and try living up to what you folks are producing with this little camera. Nothing short of inspiring.

-Marc
Hope you get well pretty soon. BTW what happened to your knee? Total Knee Replacement? I'm needed one sooner or later.

fotografz

Hope you get well pretty soon. BTW what happened to your knee? Total Knee Replacement? I'm needed one sooner or later.
Yep, total knee replacement ... and I waited way too long until it became one of the worse the Surgeon had ever replace in 28 years of doing them ... which in turn has made the Physical Therapy even more difficult than its normal difficult process :facesmack:. I call my Physcial Therapist "The Dungeon Master", king of S&M :ROTFL:

Seriously, don't wait. Get it over with and get back to normal.

back to the MM ... More Magic please!

-Marc

I don't know what it is about Chicken feet and skin that attracts me so much in B&W. I spent ages PP'ing this one, even though, right from the camera I liked the textures, I just wanted something darker but less contrasty