The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Vivek,

You have taken over this thread....wonderful posts!

I assume that you have high speed internet connection in India?

How often do you visit...really 15 years?

Love the whole thing...very exotic...makes me wish winter was not on the wane here....

Bob

D&A

Vivek,

Excellent series. I've enjoyed every "episode". Thanks for sharing these wonderful images with the rest of us mere mortals.

Joe
A big +1 and +2 etc. :) A lovely series that reflects everyday life in the big city...only this time it's in Mumbai. Also appreciate the descriptive explanations of many of the images and the people you met. Thanks ever so much Vivek for posting these.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Vivek,

You have taken over this thread....wonderful posts!

I assume that you have high speed internet connection in India?

How often do you visit...really 15 years?

Love the whole thing...very exotic...makes me wish winter was not on the wane here....

Bob
Hi Bob, Thank you!

I was there last week. Very little time to make any snaps (it was a family urgency-personal visit). I only had an iPad. Yes, there was WiFi pretty much everywhere. I did my masters there (IIT, Bombay) a while back and the last visit was ~14 years ago. We do visit India more frequently but not Mumbai.

Appreciate your kind comments! :)

V

Vivek

A big +1 and +2 etc. :) A lovely series that reflects everyday life in the big city...only this time it's in Mumbai. Also appreciate the descriptive explanations of many of the images and the people you met. Thanks ever so much Vivek for posting these.

Dave (D&A)
Thank you, Dave! Much appreciated! :)

V

Vivek

A family living on the pavement in front of the hotel I was staying. 3 little children including a tiny bay! These are migrant workers from some village. Not homeless beggars and they are not even "rich enough" to make it to the biggest slum in the world (There is a slum tour, as I understood. Very well organized, guided tours just for foreigners for photography, video, documentary and such!). I will have to go again specifically for that one of these days. It will take days and perhaps weeks to cover it.

Mumbai.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Make shift crib for one of the children.

V

Vivek

From last week, Mumbai. Hotel desk manager named Basil (those who have seen Fawlty Towers would understand my shock of seeing this name! :D ).

Leica MM, Jupiter-3 5cm f/1.5