The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A reminder. Bullet holes in glass.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

After 4 years, last week, Mumbai.

Seems like just last week...

The unending discord and relentless violence is unfathomable...

Your pictures of all the families just struggling to exist on the streets gives one a sense of the desperation that is extant there...the pathos is so evident.

Thanks for overwhelming us with your stunning view of Mumbai.

Bob

V

Vivek

Seems like just last week...

The unending discord and relentless violence is unfathomable...

Your pictures of all the families just struggling to exist on the streets gives one a sense of the desperation that is extant there...the pathos is so evident.

Thanks for overwhelming us with your stunning view of Mumbai.

Bob
Thanks for your kind words, Bob. :)

I would not draw the same conclusion based on a flimsy view. Although, I would confess readily that I remain, as ever, having no clue about Mumbai.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
There is a look and smoothness, clarity and tonality to this image that just sucks me in :). It does so without appearing to be excessively sharp as so many similar digital images might appear photographing the same scene. Reminds me maybe more of of B&W imagery from medium format I'm used to seeing with regards to these properties. Love the image for it's look and presentation of simplicity. very very nice!

Dave (D&A)
Thanks Dave. I'm finding that the Monochrom, when used for landscapes/cityscapes, produces images that are similar in character to MF film. The camera is more than the sum of its parts.

xdayv

Here's a 42-shot stitched photo, cropped to final image of 49 megapixel. It's been a PITA to wait for the buffer to clear up to take the next shot, but I think it's part of life with the M9/MM: :grin:

Mantayupan Falls, Barili Town, Cebu, Philippines:

Last edited:

jlm

Workshop Member
not what i would typically use the MM for, but handy! first two shots out of the camera! two shot stitch with 50 lux.

first try ever with lightroom, exported as tiff, adobe rgb? then merged in PS

V

Vivek

A couple of surreal scenes from Mumbai.

The first is an old fashioned eatery which was open early for a breakfast. The man in the frame is not an unusual Mumbai 9/5 middle class man. Having a tea and reading some novel. Checking some papers, back to one more page of the novel before finishing the tea. The artwork on the wall and this in front made it a surreal breakfast for me.

I could not get this. This bullock cart rode by past 9 pm pretty much every night(near the hotel). I do not think they are allowed on the streets during daytime.

Leica MM, Jupiter-3 5m f/1.5

V

Vivek

not what i would typically use the MM for, but handy! first two shots out of the camera! two shot stitch with 50 lux.

first try ever with lightroom, exported as tiff, adobe rgb? then merged in PS
Congrats, John! :)

V

Vivek

The purpose of my Mumbai visit.

Convalescing.

Leica MM, Jupiter-3 5cm f/1.5, f/1.5, 1/45s

airfrogusmc

I don't know but I can look at them for a long time and learn something from. Just fabulous! :thumbs:
Thanks so much for the kind words and there is so much killer stuff in this thread from you (you took me there visually) and many others. Great stuff and humbled to be in the same thread with you all. :thumbs:

jlm

Workshop Member
had a few minutes in the Chesea market at the Thai Place; through the window at the cooking show...