The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Local Camera Shop...had an order with my main dealer...never heard from him but a small shop in Texas called after a number of months. I could not pass it up.

I think the answer is every dealer is getting allocated one or two until they ramp up deliveries.

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Not much time to photograph as we have been hanging off this for a number of weeks renovating the second floor windows. And we thought the first floor windows were a chore.

Doug's Scaffold

MM and VC 15

Another Train Pic

MM and Leica 35 Cron Asph

Bob

Petster

A little bit of Marrakech.

Monochrom + Snapshot Skopar 25mm f/4

A friend recommended the lens just a few days before we left to Morocco. It is the perfect lens for street as it is super easy to use and allows you to shoot without using the viewfinder. Thanks Christian. :)

L1001840 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001827 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001822 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001787 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001759 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001865 von pete@petster auf Flickr

L1001851 von pete@petster auf Flickr

ghoonk

The Monochrom never fails to impress me with what it can do - it's insane that I can shoot at 1/6 to 1/25s on a 50 cron and still get away with it. ISO800 to ISO1250 is clean as a whistle, and no NR was needed at all.

And the shadow detail - OMG. So easy to push exposure by a stop or two and not be penalized for it!

Some pics from an evening al fesco dinner with my ex-teammates at a Persian restaurant in the Dubai Marina

ghoonk

And a little something I found - a shot by sprewell (another GetDPI member) while I was back in Singapore for a short break last month

ashwinrao1

A bit o' the ole' MM:

The Good Tim Isaac. I gave him a thumbs up, and so did he ;)!

Seattle Leica Geeks Critique- SLUG (Seattle Leica Users Group) get together

D&A

Ashwin,

What I found interesting (at least for myself, I did), is that in the last 5-6 images you posted of individuals looking at photographs, I just assumed they were looking at B&W printed photo's. Indeed they may have been B&W and of course this is emphasized by this being a monochrom thread.... but on the other hand they (the printed photographs they are holding) just as well could have been in color. It's sort of the "mind" paying tricks on perception.

Dave (D&A)