The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Gary Clennan

I tell ya - these MM images look sooo good. Well done everyone. PS - Dave, I really like the deep dark tones in your B&W pics.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Teeraash ... I hope to get to Bangkok in the next year or so as I haven't been there before. So much to see in SE Asia and so little time.

xdayv

I tell ya - these MM images look sooo good. Well done everyone. PS - Dave, I really like the deep dark tones in your B&W pics.
Gary, I appreciate your comments, it reaffirms my untrained eye on B&W. I'm careful not to push the blacks too much, just enough to give the photos some punch.

Thanks also for all the "likes". Happy New Year!

--

Gary Clennan

Haha! That second one is great Dave! Well done. There is a good chance I will be in Muntinlupa in a few months - it would be great to meet you.

ashwinrao1

The scowl (Canon 100 f/2 LTM)

It's a small world (Leitz Summicron 35 mm f/2 8 element)

Mom and Daughter (my 2 sweeties, 8 element 'cron)

Silly Face (Nikkor 10.5 cm f/2.5 P.C; M9 BW conversion, but a nice lens on the MM as well)

D&A

Some thoughts regarding some of the recent postings with the MM....

Kurt....your MM images are a continuation of your excellent B&W imagery, regardless of the camera you use. The look and feel of Chicago really come through and since you've done a lot of B&W conversions with other cameras, I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts regarding the MM vs. your use of other camera files for conversion to B&W.

Dave, I find your post processing of your MM files both substantially different than most other posted MM images and most appealing. They seem to be a perfect fit for the kinds of images you've captured and give a quite varied and facinanting look of the Filipino culture. Looking forward to seeing more.

Ashwin, what can be said that hasn't already. The first thing I notice in most of your images, is a slice of everyday life, especially from those you know well. Although I am always interested in your analysis of the various classic lenses you've been testing on the MM...I alwasy come back for the imagy itself, more than anything else. Guess terms like warm, inviting and funny (brings a smile) come to mind, just to name a few :)

Dave (D&A)

Here's my one and only post of photos in the Leica forum.
I had one hour to play with the Leica M Monochrom at Milk Studios in NYC.
This was part of the PhotoPlus Expo and we did a bit of street shooting.
Here are a few photos using the Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH.
This was back in October, three days before the hurricane.

CharlesK

So many great shots!
Kurt, amazing set from chilly Chigaco!
Woody, excellent ongoing series of shots:)
Ashwin, great stuff!! Amazing variety. Love the portrait with the scowl:)
Joe, great set with your brief outing with M-M!!

Shots at the beach, Currumbin and Snapper Rocks, with an oncoming rain storms, with M-M, 24 Lux and red filter.

erudolph

Bicycling along the water near the venerable dry dock and steel works on the way to buy coffee beans. 21mm Super Elmar, no filter. This sight has been more or less like this for decades, probably will be redeveloped in the next ten years. A bit of post in camera raw and photoshop, but not much.

xdayv

Two days before New Year's eve, passed by a town bakery to buy a loaf of bread... took a few snaps. On the last photo below, i was amazed by the ability of the MM to pull the shadows up as the original dng was almost pitch black where the old man was.