The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

m_driscoll

Thanks, Bob. :)

I consider you one of the regulars here. ;) There a few who have had their MM and have not posted a single picture.

Hi Matt, Have you got yours back? Is it fixed?
Vivek: I did and it's fixed! I just need to quit my day job and go out shooting. :D I can see a little daylight at work coming.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt,

The upper end at Headroom is superb - dead quiet with wonderful transients and dynamic range ... I use one of their DACs with optical in from a Airport to wirelessly stream music to my main system.

The desktop is fed balanced in from my Apogee Duet.

I have and can also recommend the balanced portable amp from Ray Samuels Audio (SR-71B). It is about the size of a deck of cards...use an old iPhone with RSA's dedicated LOD for travel and the gym.

Bob
Bob: Thanks! I'll look at them.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I forgot that i took these. :D

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/4000s; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1000s; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/180s; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/90s; ISO 320

Cheers, Matt

cam

Thanks, Bob. :)

I consider you one of the regulars here. ;) There a few who have had their MM and have not posted a single picture.
you trash-talking me?

i'm still trying to get my head around LR. and nursing my knee in this frigid and icy weather... that, and the fact that my photos are just plain odd when compared to the norm :eek:

on the plus side, i'm going out tonight to shoot a jam in a low light bar where i've shot the M9 many times... it will be an adventure :D

V

Vivek

.. that, and the fact that my photos are just plain odd when compared to the norm :eek:
That makes two of us! Compared to some of the work being presented here, mine would certainly suck (when I get my MM).

Hope you get better soon and we can also see some of your MM shots, Cam.

xdayv

I forgot that i took these. :D

Cheers, Matt
Matt, nostalgic set! how can you forget?

Dave this last set is unbelievably good...love the mesmerized child in the last picture.

Bob
Dave, Your posts are turning out to be an epic in making! All the power to you! :thumbs:
Dave: Absolutely stunning series of pictures you are sharing here almost day by day, truly admirable.
Particularly like the last one here, wonderfully captured atmosphere and tension. As in general your pictures of (playing) children are characterized by exceptional empathy.
Echoing what everyone else has said, great work, Dave. You have mastered the MM and you have defined your look very well. That last shot rocks!!!
+1! Dave, all the accolades you've received are richly deserved and I'd certainly like to add my own. It's a combination of your photography skills and photographic eye combined with your mastering of B&W imagery with the Lecia MM thats so effective. It's a synergy thats truly enhances the imact of your images. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)
Thank you all. Grateful for your inspiring words. I have learned a lot joining this forum, and inspired by the photos (and words of wisdom) posted.

Thanks also for the 'likes'.

--

Would like to share two more IR shots:

PeterA

having a blast carrying the M around and doing my little journal snaps..best camera I have bought in many years - albeit pretty ordinary as far as colour work goes.

ashwinrao1

Here area a couple of the MM and the fantastic Canon 85 mm f/1.8 LTM. This, along with the Canon 100 mm f/2 LTM, and the Leitz Summicron 90 mm f/2 version 2, are my 3 favorite portrait teles for the Monochrom, due to their tonal rendition, clarify but forgiving rendering of detail....

And 3 from the fantastically tiny Canon 35 mm f/2.8 LTM, which seems to compare quite favorably to the Leitz Summaron 35 mm f/2.8 (similar macrocontrast and microcontrast, different OOF rendition). It pairs well with the 8 element 'cron for unique views at 35 mm...

V

Vivek

Here area a couple of the MM and the fantastic Canon 85 mm f/1.8 LTM. This, along with the Canon 100 mm f/2 LTM, and the Leitz Summicron 90 mm f/2 version 2, are my 3 favorite portrait teles for the Monochrom, due to their tonal rendition, clarify but forgiving rendering of detail....
Nice ones, Ashwin!:) I always thought that the earlier quest by one and all on the "resolving" ability was on the wrong direction.

And 3 from the fantastically tiny Canon 35 mm f/2.8 LTM, which seems to compare quite favorably to the Leitz Summaron 35 mm f/2.8 (similar macrocontrast and microcontrast, different OOF rendition). It pairs well with the 8 element 'cron for unique views at 35 mm...
Fabulous! :)

m_driscoll

A few from today with Ash at the Pike Place Market.

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/350s; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/500s; -2/3 EV; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/45s; -2/3 EV; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/60s; -2/3 EV; ISO 320

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/60s; -2/3 EV; ISO 400

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/500s; -2/3 EV; ISO 1600

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/500s; -2/3 EV; ISO 1600

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/1000s; -2/3 EV; ISO 1600

MM; 50mm f/1.4; 1/2000s; -2/3 EV; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

A few from today with Ash at the Pike Place Market.
(...)
Cheers, Matt
Matt: Nice series from PPM! Particularly like #2, the perspective, the inclusion of the given frame, the focussing/blurred background, and the timing. :thumbup: Like the look and feel of the MM files plus your particular PP here too. :)

Lloyd

Matt: Nice series from PPM! Particularly like #2, the perspective, the inclusion of the given frame, the focussing/blurred background, and the timing. :thumbup: Like the look and feel of the MM files plus your particular PP here too. :)
Plus one from here. BTW, what's that Ash is shooting?