The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

D&A

Matt, what's Ashwin doing over by the fruit? If someone didn't know any better, they'd think he was the health code inspector, looking closing at the fruit/ veggies and documenting all the pathogens that might be residing on their surface...LOL! Interesting capture! For the given subject matter in your recently posted images, your processing of the MM files suits them well.

DAve (D&A)

erudolph

JPL, I really like the one you "forgot."

No pet photos please! Here are some snaps from the Golden Gate Kennel Club dog show at the Cow Palace this past weekend. I took a 28mm and 75mm and really wish I'd just taken a 50. The benching area is generally not contextually photogenic. Shots vary from ISO 320 to ISO 3200.

paulwr

Finally got out and about with the new MM. Still experimenting with exposure adjustments coming from M9 but so far, me like a lot.

Paul

D&A

:D:thumbs::salute::angel::clap::grin:

Four groomed Newfs, one tired owner.
This is the shot I loved! The three on the left looks like their thinking, "of well, another show, another day, another dollar....um...I mean bone". <Yawn>...when do we get to go home?....LOL!

Dave (D&A)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I Want to Show You My Puppy

Folding Newspapers to be Recycled

Tricycle Driver

Early Morning at the Butcher Shop

This Corrugated Life

Kiss Your Dead-End Job Goodbye

D&A

Hi Kurt,

Love #'s 1, 4 & 5...especially the first one! Each one tells a story and in most cases, thats what an image is all about. Nice going!:thumbs:

V

Vivek

I Want to Show You My Puppy

Folding Newspapers to be Recycled

Tricycle Driver

Early Morning at the Butcher Shop

This Corrugated Life

Kiss Your Dead-End Job Goodbye
All lovely! "This corrugated life" tops! :thumbs:

Kurt: Once again no chance to pick a favorite, since they're all outstanding in every respect: composition, timing, PP, content (!) - you/your pictures are telling us the story of the Manila streets and the people living there. Thank you for sharing!

V

Vivek

I believe that is the first example posted using the Hologon. Why is it very hard to shoot with?

JeffWarren

a few different reasons vivek. Mostly It was my first time using the lens and if you look closely the 15mm finder is still on the M3 sitting across the table. Also I believe f8 is a starting point with the Hologon.....not a big deal mostly just a lot of fiddling with things to get a decent exposure. Not to mention the lens pancakes agains the camera and my clumsy fingers were not used to that. Fun lens tho..

D&A

I believe that is the first example posted using the Hologon. Why is it very hard to shoot with?
I recall the 1st time I had a chance to try out that lens. Tiny isn't the word but it was such a cool lens :) Jeff, really nice images..they have a wonderful look to them!

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

a few different reasons vivek. Mostly It was my first time using the lens and if you look closely the 15mm finder is still on the M3 sitting across the table. Also I believe f8 is a starting point with the Hologon.....not a big deal mostly just a lot of fiddling with things to get a decent exposure. Not to mention the lens pancakes agains the camera and my clumsy fingers were not used to that. Fun lens tho..
tahnks jeff. Yes, it is an f/8 lens. I see the characteristic OOF highlights of it (similar to a topogon) in your shot. I love topogons/clones and its derivatives.