The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

xdayv

Nice work (again) Dave! I love the last shot a lot. Mind sharing a few of your basic PP tips? To my eye - you have the perfect balance of tones throughout.
Gary thanks! Re: PP - nothing really fancy, probably just inherited the PP technique from how i process the Nikon D800E .nef files which have unprecendented latitude in terms of DR.

Basically here's what I do in LR: adjust exposure; push and pull the highlights, shadows, white and black sliders; then after that I tinker with the curves, being aware to protect both the highlights and shadows; apply vignetting.

Thanks guys! Was very cloudy and the light just happened to be in the right place to make it pop. As soon as Canon delivery my bottle of GY it will be printed pretty large.

chrism

I've done nothing but work for a long time now. Oddly, when it is so hard to go outside (took me a couple of hours to get to the hospital to do rounds today) I find myself taking photos.

The wind is sculpting the snow in interesting ways. It's not a dirty sensor in the second photo, just crud on the conservatory door!

Chris

D&A

Hooray

The M arrived this morning. So now the only thing between me and great black and white shots is the photographer!

Woody
Looking forward to, like everyone else, to your B&W imagery with the MM. I was hoping though that the flight of your MM from the NE would have to be rerouted due to the storm and therefore make an unexpected landing and overnight stay here in the SE (long enough for me to quickly claim use of the camera as a fellow Getdpi member's privilage of course...LOL!) Then I'd go out shooing with it early this morning to rack up a few 100 images! I see I was too optimistic and obviously it didn't work :( .

Have fun Woody!

Dave (D&A)

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Out this morning frequenting old spots and found a new one.

Leica Monochrom and VC 50 1.1

Train Cars at Station

Train Cars Station House Steps

Tree Shed Grain Bins Near the Tracks

Bob

docmoore

Train Car Details in the following....

Leica Monochrom and VC 50 1.1

Train Couplers

Train Brake 2

Train Guages

Bob

docmoore

Went to pick up some cheeses and the proprietor told me of a new place to shoot....his wedding will be here in a month...very close to my house.

I took a bunch of views and these were the best ... need to explore this a bit more.

Leica Monochrom and Summarit 75 2.5

Old Barn and Pond Landscape

Old Barn and Pond Portrait

Bob

woodyspedden

O.K. Guys

Here is my first attempt. ISO 3200

My grandson, who is two, taken with 5cm 1.4 Nikkor S dated I believe from the late 50's or early 60's.

Processed in Lightroom 4.3 with a little assist from SEP 2.0 Pro.

Probably a little contrasty but I rather like the effect. I will work this a number of ways until I get the hang of what works best

Woody

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
i love the light that burns in your eyes

the front seat

the zen of waiting

the art of sweeping

bookends

just play

D&A

Kurt, that third one has such a "presence" and "depth"..a lovely capture. You have a wonderful way with capturing a person's eyes, which of course often leads to revealing a bit of their sole.

That boy on the cycle in the 1st one seemingly looks extra happy clutching onto what appears to be his favorite candy bar (or somthing equally delectable to him).

Dave (D&A)

m_driscoll

A few from the Pike Place Market. Noir veggies. Note the "Little Green Balls of Death" in the second photo.

MM; 21mm f/3.4; 1/350s; -1/3 EV; ISO 800

MM; 21mm f/3.4; 1/180s; -1/3 EV; ISO 800

MM; 21mm f/3.4; 1/250s; -1/3 EV; ISO 800

MM; 21mm f/3.4; 1/4000s; -1/3 EV; ISO 800

Cheers, Matt