The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

D&A

jthurs, that 1st pic is a nice slice of everyday life...captured!

Regarding the 2nd pic, the moment I saw it, I don't know why, but something strangly seemed familar to me. No I don't live in Calif. nor have visited it in quite some time. A few years ago there was a movie called "The 500 Days of Summer" and the one of the last scenes in the movie from what I recall took place in a small park that looked exactly like this one...on that hilltop overlooking the the street below. Why the image of that scene stuck with me all this time I can't say. Any idea or maybe lots of small parks in LA (if thats where it was taken, look similar).

By the way, the image as processed seems to have a light and airy feel to it...and I like the relaxed nature of the couple on the bench in the park like setting sitting above the more hectic urban landscape below. Nice.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Really David? I've never known or seen that area previously or anything remotely close to it. Prior to the movie was it a well know local park/area or just became that way after the fact? I really appreciate the the confirmation. Well at least I can't be accused of falling asleep during the movie. Must be selective memory on my part. I can recall seeing something like that but can't remember to take out the garbage on "garbage night"...LOL!

Thanks again, that little fact made my day!

Dave (D&A)

Hosermage

Hehe, probably known to the locals but now made famous by the movie. It's in downtown LA and close proximity to various good photo/touristy spot: Angels Flight, and the famous Bradbury building (Blade Runner), which I must return and visit again.

erudolph

xdayv, love the look of the third of three above!

One from bicycling down the road early in the A.M. to buy coffee beans.

50mm summicron, yellow filter.

ashwinrao1

Hi All, I have been quite busy in life and what not, but wanted to share some recent family/random snaps:

8 element Summicron 35:

Canon 85 mm f/1.8 LTM

Rigid 50 'cron

D&A

35mm!!! You're living dangerously there Ashwin, the boots must've been scraping the whiskers of your chin. Lovely shot, the OOF areas are very pleasing
+1! This image has a look that I just love....all related to the subject, how she was framed and shot, and the way the lens rendered the image. All elements that combined to create an image thats greater than the sum of it's parts. Definitely a keeper!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

PeterA

Nice shots Aswin

Just before sunset - you can go crazy pulling detail from shadows with the monochrome ...I am tending towards : 1/3 to 1 full stop Exposure compensation - even with a 3X ND filter on...35lux floating element version

and a tired old fella trying to get some relief from Summer sun.. same lens

airfrogusmc

New here and I see a few faces I know. Dave good to see ya. Great stuff.

Heres a few things I've shot with the MM. I love this camera and having it paired wit hthe 35 lux for me and the way I see is a match made in heaven. I might not buy another lens.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I had a better day for the monochrome weather wise this afternoon so I revisited the barn near the pond...the previous post was a bit dark and lacking in contrast.

Leica Monochrom and Summarit 75

Barn and Pond Portrait Orientation

Barn and Pond Landscape Orientation

These print a lot better ....

Bob