The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

MCTuomey

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Somebody give me a Single Malt....

Nice series. You may benefit from a bit lower exposure and correcting in post if you wish to keep the highlights...however what you have posted works for me.

Lovely camera.

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I always feel like I spend too much time at home when I compare my posts with the rest of you all.....

Couple of new captures

Leica Monochrom Summilux 35 FLE

Wooden Bowl

Planter on Porch

Bob

photomeme

Club shots, just starting out with the MM, iso 5000, 50 lux. Don't know what I'm doing in post yet. Hell, I don't know what I'm doing with the camera, let alone post. The thing just seems to suck light. Criticism/suggestions appreciated.
Expose a bit less far to the right, and bring up further the shadow values.

You're sacrificing facial detail, I suspect needlessly, to blown highlights.

EDIT: so sorry, someone lese made the same comment.

MCTuomey

Bob, nothing wrong with working on "still lifes" at home, I'm liking the first one btw. Distinct lack of live music has to be remedied though ;)

Thanks Bob and *photomeme* for your comments on the club shots. Accustomed to exposing to the right in clubs with the M9, I'll need to unlearn that with the MM. Also, I need to adjust my sharpening, these look "crisp" in web size.

photomeme

Also, I need to adjust my sharpening, these look "crisp" in web size.
Flickr did the same to my recent batch.

Flickr is hitting photographs with significant unsharpen masking as it resizes, which can oversharpen MM images terribly.

It is perhaps best to upload with no sharpening whatsoever, or to find alternative hosting (but then you sacrifice the Flick'r community).

No oversharpening at all in the original size Flickr click-through. Excellent job!

MCTuomey

Thanks much, *photomeme* I'll adjust my web export in LR4 for MM files - would miss the flickr crowd.

So looking forward to more MM shooting and processing ... can't quite believe the file quality at iso 5000, it's freakish.

D&A

Life imitating Art? Art imatating Life? This last image reminds me of a modern day photographic interpretation of a Renoir. Are we already seeing the making of a world renowned Photographic artist in Ashwin? :) Lovely image!

Seems a number of recent images posted in this thread remind me of two different era artists/illustrators. (See my next posting directly below. :)

Dave (D&A)

D&A

The moment I saw this image I immediately thought "Norman Rockwell" written all over it! That girl, that dress, that puffy jacket on top of her dress along with her apparent wonderment in staring at the poster (in front of her)! Great Capture!

Dave (D&A)

jlm

Workshop Member
woody is an up-town boy;. i'm 50% brooklyn, 50% downtown, of course a transplant from oregon

i'm liking this camera! you?