The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

D&A

Wow, DavidE..both wonderful and interesting use of the ultrawides...not something easy to do or master to keep it interesting. Nicely done!

Ashwin, talking about perspectives...a different kind than DavidE's ultrawides but nerveless interesting perspectives from the dugout both from a vantage point as well as emotional...great shots!

McToumery...lovely shots of the musicians under what is always difficult low light shooting.

Wuffstuff, your landscape upon first glace looked like it was taken with a fisheye, with that perfectly curved hill in the background. The various straight lines in the image stand in contrast, leading to all sorts of interesting aspects of the landscape which make this an image I keep coming back to.

Dave, your post processing of MM files is always impressive and adds greatly to your framing and subject matter.

So many others here are posting inspiring images with their MM's and it definitely has me working to acquire a MM some day soon, I hope.

Dave (D&A)

chrism

I recently spent a couple of hours sitting in a Tim Horton franchise at the Keele campus of York University, while my son negotiated with his potential advisor for a physics PhD. This young woman never took her eyes off her smart phone the entire time:

Also my first attempt at using Aperture in place of Lightroom, given Adobe's subscription money-grab.

Chris

erudolph

This may be repetitive, but I am continually astonished by this camera. This shot was at ISO 4000, 1/24th, f/2, 50mm AA, at dusk. My 96 year old Dad. Ingested into an iPad, resized and uploaded to Flickr. Amazing!

erudolph

One more, same set up but ISO 10,000. It was too dark to focus so in that respect I was lucky. This a jpeg processed on ipad in Snapseed.

chrism

I recently spent a couple of hours sitting in a Tim Horton franchise at the Keele campus of York University, while my son negotiated with his potential advisor for a physics PhD. This young woman never took her eyes off her smart phone the entire time:

Also my first attempt at using Aperture in place of Lightroom, given Adobe's subscription money-grab.

Chris
Bloody Flickr - you just change anything and the links break!

Chris

chrism

Here are some more Monochrom shots:

This is the young physicist who is off to do a PhD:

Lucy:

View from my back deck with an orange filter:

My Boss:

Chris

rayyen

Spent a weekend in Bangkok, Thailand.
Went to watch Muay Thai Boxing at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium.
Great atmosphere, 5 stars recommendation for all visitors!

Muay Thai Boxing at Lumpinee Boxing Stadium
Monochrom | 21mm Super Elmar ASPH

Last edited:

GMB

Finally some posts with the MM. My daughter had her High School closing ball. The weather was poor (gray sky and rain) and so I left the M9 at home and too the MM. Loved it. Here are a few samples from that evening. All either with the 50 lux or the 28 cron. I put the camera on auto ISO 125th and 5000 ISO and on aperture priority. Worked liked a charm. Focusing got a bit more challenging after a few glasses of Champagne :eek:

PS. My daughter is the one on the lest on the first photo. He sister is on the same photo on the right. The others are from her class.

Last edited: