The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

D&A

Wow, the hits keep coming (meaning the great shots in this thread are endless!). Dave I loved your series of carnival shots....gave me a great sense of "place" of which I've experienced quite a few of these county/local type fairs. Jono congrats on the return of your camera and an auspicious beginning to a new round of wonderful images. I bet you name was written on that camera from the very beginning (cause you probably carved in "Jono" inside the battery compartment knowing someday it would be yours again...LOL!). As Ashwin said, your initial use of the camera is probably what sold the MM to so many.

Dave (D&A)

jonoslack

Ashwin, Dave - Thank you.
Indeed - it didn't have my name on it before, but it does seem to have it now!
I think that my heavy use of it prompted them to be a bit more generous with the black chrome - mine is now almost gunmetal coloured.
All the best

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Hhmm - I'm back on the thread. I was in Solms last week, and I managed to liberate my old test camera (6000 actuations). I had to pay a ransom, but it's worth it!

Neil at the Cross Keys with the 50 'lux wide open

Mary at the Cross Keys with the 50 'lux wide open

Tulips in the Kitchen with the 90 macro elmar 4000 ISO

Bier lane with the 75 'cron at f11 and 2500 ISO
I knew you'd come around...:poke: Good stuff here!:thumbs:

dmabry2010

Greetings!

I was in NYC over Memorial Day weekend. Here are some photos in Grand Central and outside - very foggy morning. It was a 6:30 am, which was a lot different than 6:30 pm.

Thank you,

dmabry2010