The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

ashwinrao1

Scenics in BW from the Palouse in Southeast WA....

Just a quick caveat that a couple of the above images were from the 645D, but mainly MM...

D&A

Ashwin, although there are so many superb images in your last series of postings, #5 and #9 have a superb combination of tonality, composition, repetitive patterns and more, put to extremely good use and just the right touch of both familiarity and mystique. Worthy of framing and something I could enjoy viewing on my wall or in a gallery. Nicely done!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Great series Dave! It's not only your post processing that's so effective, but your eye for framing tight to give emphasis to the subject matter. Powerful images which I keep revisiting.

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Awesome work, JPL and Kurt. Both capturing e essence of individuals! Great imaging!
You nailed it Ashwin! The quality of the images is exceptional and I look forward each day to see all the postings. Impressive is the word of the day.

Dave (D&A)

element-m

One more for now. Have been enjoying the Monochrom now for a bit over a week. Have plenty more that are just great straight OOC. With just slight adjustments, the images really sing.

D&A

element-m...love the moodiness and all the elements of the pending storm shot. When viewed larger, it almost transports one into the scene.

Ashwin, on your 1st shot with the young girl gazing at the swimming fish, at first I thought the "finger pointing" was a distraction, but when I covered it up, it seemed like something was missing (from the image). Whether the "finger pointing" adds or distracts from the image would be a good topic for discussion.

Dave (D&A)