The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

element-m

A day out in Lauterbrunnen. Taking out my visitors to a typical Swiss tourist sight, at the foot of the EIger, Mönch and Jungfrau. To get these photos, we hooked up with some sky divers and walked down for 20 minutes through tricky terrain to get to the "High Nose" a vertical drop of 1900 ft (635 meters). We were just inches away from the drop off into the void, slightly unsettling but we got our photos.

element-m

And here we visited the interior of the mountain to see thee the glacier water falls (20'000 liters per second, and quite impressive)

The M Monochrom will surely go down in history as a landmark in the evolution of digital photography. The camera is stunning, in capable hands, as shown by the sheer quality in this thread, it sings

D&A

The M Monochrom will surely go down in history as a landmark in the evolution of digital photography. The camera is stunning, in capable hands, as shown by the sheer quality in this thread, it sings
Absolutely and as hard as I might try to avoid this thread (as my desire for this camera grows), it's truly a pleasure to see the work being produced by everyone who contributes their wonderful images. Each have a distinct signature, both from the standpoint of post processing the monochom files as well as their own style of photography and capturing images.

Dave (D&A)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
with 50 Nokton II

Seeing this shot of yours brought back some delicious M memories for me. Back in the day when I still had good enough vision to focus it, I loved shooting the M. I am pretty sure this shot was on TMax400, M6 and 21 Elmarit.