The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

V

Vivek

Filmcity ("Bollywood", Mumbai, India), PRO, Mr.Saini, giving a personal tour with a TV serial shooting in the background.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, M-Rokkor 28/2.8, Yellow filter

Finally got one!!! Picked up my Monochrom yesterday from Tamarkin Camera in Chicago... Very Excited!!! Here are a couple initial shots (both were taken with a 35 Summilux-M ASPH and processed in Silver Efex Pro 2):

Chicago Skyline from the Shedd Aquarium by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

John G. Shedd Aquarium by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr

Workflow for me is a challenge since I'm an Aperture user. Navigating Lightroom 5 is not fun--still haven't been able to import directly from the SD card :eek: But learning is part of the fun, right?!?!?!

V

Vivek

Finally got one!!! Picked up my Monochrom yesterday from Tamarkin Camera in Chicago... Very Excited!!! Here are a couple initial shots (both were taken with a 35 Summilux-M ASPH and processed in Silver Efex Pro 2):
Congrats! :)

:thumbs:

V

Vivek

Element-M, great image and shadow play...

Vivek, I like the emotive portrait and environment...story telling shot :)
Thanks, Ashwin. :) Could not use the camera inside that complex much as most units were not happy to see an external camera (with good reason).

Young love under late monsoon clouds:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, M-Rokkor 28/2.8, Yellow filter, Mumbai, India

chrism

Good news today for those of us waiting for Aperture support for the Monochrom. Go check Software Update!

Chris

Very timely and good news!!! As a longtime Aperture user, I was not liking Lightroom at all!!! All is right with a little part of my world today! Cheers!

Good news today for those of us waiting for Aperture support for the Monochrom. Go check Software Update!

Chris