The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

jonoslack

What Can I Say - I"m overjoyed that Apple has finally condescended to add Monochrom support to Aperture - Hooray!

What's more, they seem to have done it really well. The jpg option has been firmly switched OFF

Here are a couple from this morning (these people had NOT heard about the aperture update, as you can see by their faces :D

Both with the 75 'cron

element-m

In "Downtown" Yverdon tonight. Thought I'd take my MM out for another test drive :p , speaking of which, she was definitely in the driving seat !

This one was slightly more tricky as I was on f1.4 or so :rolleyes:

Last edited:
V

Vivek

LR has its (severe) limitations. Just after a basic RAW conversion, use the supplied Nik pluggins to do the post.

Another snap from Amsterdam.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, M-Rokkor 28/2.8, Amsterdam

fotografz

LR has its (severe) limitations. Just after a basic RAW conversion, use the supplied Nik pluggins to do the post.
100% agree with Vivek.

LR to import and catalog and make basic adjustments to get the file basically balanced ... then Nik Silver Efex Pro-2

You can set up LR so Photoshop and Nik are "Open In" plug-ins under the "Photo" heading in the LR top menu. Since Nik can also be assigned as a plug-in for Photoshop, I prefer to open a LR file in PS and then do the Nik program from there ... the difference is that the Nik processing is done as a layer over the original LR file ... so the layer opacity can be adjusted , or part of it erased to let the under file show through.

- Marc