The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Today was open day at Yverdon-les-Bains airfield. This was the nicest plane that I saw. People call her the "La Beech". Not sure because of the french accent which "Beech" they meant exactly. Maybe it really is a Beech. Very shiny plane and tricky to get right. This one worked best : (edited in SEP2)

Indeed La Beech is a very desirable aircraft with impeccable history and lineage....

See here:

Beechcraft Model 18 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It replaced the Staggerwing....the aero equivalent of the Gullwing Mercedes...

Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like a wonderful find. Perfect subject for the Monochrom.

And the skydiver segment is well seen...personally like the shot of the pilot.

Regards,

Bob

element-m

Thank you docmoore, you are absolutely right, I googled The Beech earlier and it is exectly as you mention.., and a lovely plane.it is.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
This one worked best : (edited in SEP2)

Still relatively new here, so it means a lot to me. Merci.
Okay -- this image alone may be the single best marketing piece to date as a reason to get a monochrome M... :clap:

asiafish

Some more fun with the Monochrom and my 1963 Zomz Jupiter 3 5cm f/1.5 masterfully tuned by Brian Sweeney. Except for the last image which was at approximately f/8 all were shot wide-open or at f/2.

L9998676.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998672.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998674.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998671.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998689.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998694.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998663-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998656.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9998653.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr