The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

fotografz

Hi all ... I haven't posted here lately despite being busy shooting with the MM.

I must say, the post work has advanced considerably since the first additions to this thread ... quite impressive :thumbs:

Besides personal work, I also use the MM a fair amount in my wedding work ... the various lenses from M21mm to M75mm all come in handy for stealthy candid work that are shot in between other more expected images ... those usually being done with the Leica S2 and studio strobes (formal portraits, etc.), or fast paced images of things like dancing on a dark reception floor and/or shots requiring additional lighting that are better accomplished with an AF 35mm DSLR with more sophisticated lighting options, such a Nikon, Canon or in my case a Sony A900/A99 kit.

That said, the MM has taken on an increasingly important role as I shift back to more candid content in B&W using just available light at ISOs up to 5000 or 6400 that the MM affords us ... a real hit with my clients BTW ... most of these appear in their album, and are processed for printing on silver halide paper as opposed to ink-jet or just screen views. Printed that way, the MM files are very hard to distinguish from B&W film images I used to use for B&W candids in albums.

Here are a few from the last wedding ...

Thanks for looking,

-Marc

asiafish

Here are a few I shot this morning with the M Monochrom and a 1950-1953 Leica Summitar 5cm f/2 (no serial number, but coated with 6-blade aperture).

Bought this lens in my quest for the perfect 50, nice look, but not sure if I will keep it as the ergonomics are a bit annoying with a digital camera that does not support collapsing the lens.

Both wide open at f/2

L9999399-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

L9999402-Edit.jpg by Lawman1967, on Flickr

chrism

My niece, Olivia, came for lunch today. She makes a mean pizza, and apparently this is the proper food for explorers in the jungle of my conservatory.

Chris

The bokeh from the 50 Rigid Summicron is so awesome! If I don't stop using it and send it back soon, it may become a permanent part of the collection!

In addition, I started using a B+W #16 Yellow-Orange filter, which I like a lot, and feel it helped in post-processing in SEP2.

Olivia at Play [3] by m. t. sullivan, on Flickr