The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

chrism

Photojazz

Ahh, around a University, everything gets to be close quarters... Industrial, transportation, apartments, and homeless all within sight of my work parking lot. These are busy tracks, I hope they like being woke up before 7 AM. Maybe all hours, who can say.

Working on tonality of things, how am I doing?

Got to work on skin tones though...

Last edited:

Double Negative

Not Available
Thanks man!

Had a little processing liberties with this one. Sillouetting in Silver Efex Pro II
I'm SO loving that. Back in the day, one of my favorite wet processes was lith film - making contact "prints" with the negs, blowing out the greys, then finally printing that. Came out just like this. :)

I so cannot wait until next week!

xdayv

It's been a really nice feeling to rekindle the rangefinder experience, it had been more than a month I couldn't shoot with it because of what the typhoon has left us last November 8. I had to relegate the photography tasks to Micro 4/3s as the security in our place (Tacloban) is not that safe until now. When I had the opportunity to shoot in Manila, I made sure I brought the rangefinder. Here's my small share from the streets of Manila...

M

mjr

Dave, I've not shot much street photography so no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have to say I love the shots you produce.

There's such a lot of complete rubbish taken in the name of street, photographs that happen to be taken on a street don't to my eye equal street photography. Your shots feel like a social commentary, they tell me what daily life is like, they feel like they are really capturing something. Sure that will have something to so with the fact that I haven't been to Manila but I have no doubt you could shoot anywhere and I'd feel the same.

From a non street photographer, truly great!

Mat